𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗

𝐓 𝐡 𝐞  𝐋 𝐚 𝐧 𝐜 𝐞  𝐚 𝐧 𝐝  𝐂 𝐫 𝐨 𝐰 𝐧𝟐𝟕𝟔 𝐀𝐂 | 𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐲 𝐑𝐨𝐜𝐤

𝐓 𝐡 𝐞 𝐋 𝐚 𝐧 𝐜 𝐞 𝐚 𝐧 𝐝 𝐂 𝐫 𝐨 𝐰 𝐧
𝟐𝟕𝟔 𝐀𝐂 | 𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐲 𝐑𝐨𝐜𝐤

After his shocking fall on the jousting field, Arthur was immediately cared for by his friends. It was made clear to the Dornish man that Rhaegar and Jon watched in horror from the sidelines as they saw him be unhorsed by a boy from the Reach. They made haste to examine any injury, but Arthur waved them off their attempts, despite his left arm grimacing in pain. He appreciated the concern his friends had, however, it reminded him all too well of the moment before he fell. It brought nothing but disappointment.

Arthur did not know what came over him during the third pass. Everything was laid out in his favor to swoop in another victory under his belt. He should have won there and then, but no. As it seemed faith was more complex than that. Before the tourney, he never got distracted by a trailing thought, he was always in complete control of his senses. However, the thought of Nyrella being with someone else irked him greatly, and almost cost him his chance to move forward in the competition. He has no answers or explanations for his behavior. It rips him from the inside, not knowing why he felt so much contempt for the potential union.

Yet, his internal conundrum could wait. There were pressing matters far more important than his own thoughts and feelings for a certain maiden. It was made aware to him, Rhaegar, and Jon by a sweaty and panicked Ser Barristan that Nyrella had run away.

Arthur's choice to help was taken away immediately. He was grounded by Rhaegar and Jon to stay behind while the two search for her, along with Ser Barristan.His redheaded friend emphasized to the Dornish man that Nyrella would have wanted him to stay behind and recover from his injuries. He did not appreciate the fact, but understood he was far too weak at the moment to help. So, he had to play the waiting game until the trio found Nyrella's whereabouts. He hoped to the gods she was okay.

In a couple of hours, Arthur's prayers were heard. He watched from the gates of Casterly Rock as a party of four approached. But, It was clear as glass, something was off. The party of four looked more like two parties distancing themselves from one another. Nyrella and Barristan were in one group, while Rhaegar and Jon in another. None of them attempted to interact or spare a glance.

It was made apparent, when Nyrella passed without acknowledging him. Her stare glued to the floor, choosing to ignore everything around her. She was cold, closed-off, and radiated hurt. And the same thing could be said about Rhaegar. He, too, passed Arthur without a word or a nod towards his direction. He did not radiate the same air as Nyrella, it was more so shame. Arthur watched the siblings walk into the depths of the castle in a silence that spoke more than words itself.

It was not long until Arthur found out about the argument that ensued between Rhaegar and Nyrella. It was through Jon that he found out about what happened. He felt caught in the middle, just like Jon and Barristan. He was good friend's with both siblings, and it would not be fair to each of them if he chose a side. Arthur wished he was there, but what would he have done differently? There was risks if he intruded, fearing the situation between the Targaryens would worsen, yet he needed to be there for them to bridge a pathway to mend what was bent.