𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

𝐀  𝐋 𝐢 𝐨 𝐧 ' 𝐬  𝐃 𝐞 𝐧𝟐𝟕𝟔 𝐀𝐂 | 𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐲 𝐑𝐨𝐜𝐤

𝐀 𝐋 𝐢 𝐨 𝐧 ' 𝐬 𝐃 𝐞 𝐧
𝟐𝟕𝟔 𝐀𝐂 | 𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐲 𝐑𝐨𝐜𝐤

The chimes of the Great Sept of Baelor's bells rang loudly. The sound could be heard throughout the Seven Kingdoms. The people of the Crownlands, more specifically in King's Landing, rejoice in the streets holding a mass cup of liquid luck in one hand, while the other holds a bundle of tiny white flowers, known as baby's breath. Everywhere that eyes can see, there was a plethora of these delicate flowers either lying on the grimy alleyways or decorating the homes of the common folk. It was a sign of good fortune and luck. A symbolism for innocence. A gift to a mother and her everlasting love for her children. All this to celebrate the birth of a new dragon, Prince Viserys.

Lords and ladies alike, also, joined the festivities of the wonderful news. Many of them paid their tribute either through grandiose gifts or prayed to the Old Gods and New for the baby's health and quick recovery for their Queen. However, none of the lords' gifts or actions could be as impressive as Lord Tywin's generous gift for the infant prince. For months and months before the babe was expected to be delivered into the world, the Lord of the Rock had planned in advance for a tourney to be held in Viserys' name. It was common knowledge that tourneys held by the Old Lion himself were to exceed expectations and would cost a shiny gold coin. In regards, the Hand of the King had put the other noble lords in his shadow once again.

The recognition did not lessen because King Aerys made it known he favored his Hand's gift compared to all of the others he had received. He announced on the day of Prince Viserys' birth how grateful and appreciative he was to Tywin, and offered his eagerness to attend the tourney with his other two children. After all, Aerys was beyond elated, riding on his high. He had waited years for another child. His sister-wife, Rhaella, had suffered various miscarriages and stillborns during the course of many years. At first he consoled her, but failure after failure, it drove him mad with suspicion. To the point of him confining Rhaella to Maegor's Holdfast and ordering two septas to sleep in her bed every night. In addition, he had killed and tortured countless people he suspected to be involved with the murder of his offsprings. In the end of things, he got what he wanted. He was gifted with a healthy boy, and he will do anything to keep him alive.

For the Queen, she was happy but more relieved than anything. The labor was strenuous, all her strength gone once she pushed the tiny Prince out of her. When she held Viserys in her weak arms, she knew he was going to live. The infant shared the same colored hair as her eldest son. His eyes are a pale lilac color reminiscent of the purple gemstones she loves. And, he had the same smile as her sweet Nyrella. She held Viserys tightly, fearing he would be taken away from her like her two other children. Unfortunately, Rhaella and the newborn would not attend the tourney under Aerys' command. The King deemed it dangerous for the both of them, also, to make sure Viserys does not die. It saddened the Queen immensely because she has been cooped up in the castle forever, not knowing what enjoyment was anymore. On the contrary, she hoped the best for her other children, wishing them a pleasurable time in the Westerlands.