ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔽𝕚𝕧𝕖

𝙱𝚛𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚕𝚢𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

𝙱𝚛𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚕𝚢𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

The seven of us were walking back to Auradon Prep. "I'll get the swords back to the gym." Lonnie siad. "Thanks." Jay smiled. "See you later." Lonnie smiled back. "Ben, Brooklyn! There you guys are. Cotillion's tonight. Come here. Look." Jane said, waving us over. I looked over at Carlos. He nodded, kissing my temple. Ben and I walked over to Jane, while the other stopped and waited.

"These are the stained glass windows. Aren't they beautiful? They're gonna love them." Jane said. I smiled, looking at the stained-glass window of me and my white haired boyfriend. "You got his freckles perfect." I said. Ben then leaned over to Mal, whispering to her.

"Um, you know what? I can come back. Uh, but like, really, really soon." Jane said. "No, no, no. Now's fine. Um...do whatever you have to do." Ben said, before he walked off with Jane. "You don't need me do you?" I asked.

"No." Jane shook her head. "Okay." I said. Evie then grabbed my hand, pulling me over to Mal. "We need to talk." She said, as she started leading me and Mal away. 'No." Carlos said, causing the three of us to turn around. "'No'?" Evie asked.

"You guys are always going off in a huddle, whispering your girl talk stuff whatever, and Jay and I are tired of it." Carlos said. "I'm not." Jay said, raising his hand. Carlos gave him a 'really?' look. "We're your family, too. We've been through a lot. Together. I'm not stopping that now. Okay? Everyone, sit." Carlos demanded, as he sat down, holding Dude in his lap.

The four of us that were still standing shared a weird look. "Come on." Carlos said. "I'm just gonna go. I don't want to intrude." I said, turning around. "No." Jay said, grabbing my wrist. "If I have to suffer through this...so do you." He said, pulling me to sit on the ground between him and Carlos.

Dude whined, looking up at Carlos. "You, too." he said, looking down at Dude. There was an awkward silence for a moment. "I don't know how to start girl talk." Carlos said, looking over at Jay, who shrugged. "What up?" He asked. Evie and I laughed. "Um...well...I'm a mess. I'm such a mess." Mal dryly laughed, through her tears.

"I mean, six months ago, I was, you know, stealing candy from babies. And now, everybody wants me to be this Lady of the Court, and I have no idea how to keep up the act." she continued. Carlos shrugged. "Then don't. I don't." He said, grabbing my hand, squeezing it. "See? This was dumb." Jay said, as he started to get up.

"Maybe it wasn't. We're always gonna be the kids from the Isle. I tried to forget it, I really tried, but those are our roots. And we all did what we had to do to survive, but it made us who we are. And we're never gonna be like anybody else here. And that's okay. That's okay." Evie said.

"And we can't fake it." Carlos added. "No." Evie said, shaking her head. "Yeah, I mean, especially without my spell book." Mal said, looking down, playing with the grass. "Mal, if Ben doesn't love the real you, then he's not the one." Carlos said. "I like that." I smiled.

"Give him a chance." Carlos said. "I'm gonna make some changes to your dress, and if you're up for it, only if you're up for it, it'll be waiting for you, okay?" Evie said, earning a nod from Mal. Evie gave Mal a side hug, mouthing 'thank you' to Carlos, who nodded.

"Come on, buddy." Carlos said, as he stood up, holding his hand out to help me up. Evie, Carlos and I walked off as Jay stopped to talk to Mal. We then went our separate ways as we had other things to do.

***

𝙹𝚊𝚢'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

"Let's bring it in boys. Let's bring it in." I said as I walked into R.O.A.R. practice. "All right. You all know I come from the isle, right? Things are pretty wack. But there's one thing the Isle's got on Auradon. If you're strong, we want you by our side, girl or boy." I explained.

Chad laughed. "Hey. Jay, hold on here, we don't, uh...we don't break rules here in Auradon. That's over on the Isle." Chad said. I cleared my throat as I pulled the rule book out of my pocket. "'The team shall be comprised of a captain and eight men.' So, uh, give it up for your new team captain." I smiled, as Lonnie walked into the room.

"Whoa. What?" Chad scoffed. I took the whistle from around my neck and placed it around Lonnie's. "Thank you." She said, with a bright smile. I then started clapping, the rest of the team, minus Chad joining in, as we bowed. "Fine." Chad rolled his eyes, as Lonnie gave him a look. He then bowed like the rest of us.

Lonnie then blew the whistle. "Give me 10. Come on, guys." She said. We all dropped and started counting as we did push ups. Lonnie placed her foot on Chad's back, putting all her weight on him. "Pick it up, Chad. Nice form, Jay." Lonnie said. After we counted to ten Lonnie blew the whistle again. "Okay, practice is over. Get out of here. Go get ready for Cotillion." She said, as the others left. "Hey, Jay." Lonnie said. I turned to face her.

"Yeah?" I asked. "Wait until I tell my mom." She smiled. I nodded, returning the smile. "Hey, Lonnie. Do you know where Sabrina is?" Arlo asked. "Uh, yeah. She's in our dorm." Lonnie replied. "Great, thanks." Arlo said, running off.

I huffed, rolling my eyes. Sabrina really wants to go to Cotillion with him? Lonnie turned to me with a smirk. "Jay, she's actually in the library." She said. I looked up at her confused. "Why are you telling me this?" I asked. "You know why." She winked, walking out of the room.

I smiled, before running off to the library. "Sabrina. Sabrina, hey." I said, running over to her. "Hey, Jay what's up?" She asked, with her adorable smile. "I uh..." I took in a deep breath as I gulped. "Wanna go to Cotillion with me?" I asked, rubbing the back of my neck nervously.

"I thought you were going solo?" She asked. "Yeah, well, I only wanted to make a certain princess jealous." I shrugged. "Well, it worked. Of course I'll go to Cotillion with you." She said. "Seriously?" I asked, surprised. She nodded. "I was really hoping you'd ask me." She blushed. "Well, I guess I'll see you later." I said. "See ya." She smiled, as we went our separate ways.

𝙱𝚛𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚕𝚢𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

I was on my way to Mal and Evie's dorm to get ready for Cotillion. I knocked on the door, before walking in. "It's just me." I said, shutting the door behind me. "Mal...you look gorgeous." I gushed as Evie was working on Mal's hair. "Thank you." She smiled. "Your dress is in the closet." Evie said, pointing to her closet. I nodded as I walked over to the closet, grabbing my dress and walking into the bathroom.

Once I changed, I exited the bathroom, placing my other clothes on Mal's bed. "I'll come back for those later." I said, pointing to my clothes. "That's fine." Evie smiled. "You guys will never guess what just happened!" Sabrina cheered, as she barged into the room, slamming the door behind her.

"Nobody's hurt right?" Mal asked. "No, better. Jay asked me to Cotillion!" She cheered. Mal, Evie and I looked at each other surprised. "Really? Bree, I'm so happy for you!" I said, pulling my best friend into a hug. "I'm kind of nervous though." Sabrina said, playing with her hair. "Bree, I'm gonna make you look so beautiful, and then E, is gonna do your hair." I said, pulling her over to Mal's desk, since Evie was doing Mal's hair at her desk.

Sabrina nodded as I started on her make up. After we were all finished getting ready, Mal and I separated from the other two. "Ben's going to be blown away by how gorgeous you look, M." I said. "Well, Carlos will be speechless with how beautiful you look. And I mean, literally. Just wait." Mal said, causing us both to laugh.

Word Count: 1419