Chapter 15: Too Late

Start from the beginning

"Very," I admit, sighing. "She's everything I always needed and now I want her more than ever."

"Is that why you guys always act like a couple?" she questions.

"Wow, even you think we look good together," I deliver.

"I didn't say that," she points out. "I mean, you guys do, but I'm supporting her and Ashton right now because she really likes him and I think he really likes her, too."

"Stop, please," I beg.

"I'm sorry, it's just, I don't know what to do, Mikey. I would love to support you guys but-"

"I get it," I snap, not meaning to.

"Look, Monica is just one girl. One girl out of millions that are on this Earth right now. I'm positive that there are lots more who are very similar to her, or there might be someone else who catches your eye who might not even be anything close to her. I know it hurts seeing her with someone else, but as the saying goes, there are plenty more fish in the sea. Hey, be glad that you're still friends with her and she's still in your life. I'm pretty sure it would be worse and you would be devastated if she completely stopped talking to you. She's still the same Monica around you, the same one who loves and cares for you so much; she's just given her feelings to someone else," Tatiana tries, rubbing her hand on my back.

"I know, I just don't think I'll love the next girl as much as I love Monica," I confess.

"You never know. The next girl could completely turn your world around," she replies.

"But will there even be a next girl?" I question.

"Well, you'll have to expand your options and at least try to get someone," she answers. "Once your band takes off, there will be thousands of girls you can choose from because they'll all want you."

"Yeah," I say, smiling a little bit.

"Ooh, there's that smile!" Tatiana teases.

Rolling my eyes at her and grinning, I respond, "Thanks."

"Hey, this is what I'm here for, aren't I? All I'm saying is that you support Monica and her decisions because the last thing she needs is her best friend turning away from her," she expresses. Yeah, that's the hard part. See, I don't necessarily want to support her, but I don't want to lose her, either. I can't win here.

"Okay," I give in sulkily.

"Are you better now?"

"Nope, but I'll manage," I honestly respond. She reaches over and gives me a hug and I return the favor. Tatiana is like that best friend who's always offering her shoulder to cry on when one of us has a major issue.

"Do you need anything? A glass of water or something?" she suggests.

"Movie sounds good, if you're up for it," I propose.

"That's what I technically came here for," Tatiana declares, smiling and standing up. I follow her lead and we head downstairs to the living room, getting comfortable and searching for a movie that doesn't have any trace of romance in it, although that's hard to find since most movies have some kind of lovable relationship in it. Digging deep in Netflix, we actually succeed in finding one that doesn't seem to have a love story tied into it and soon, I'm engaged in the movie, ready for my mind to take a break from fussing over Monica and Ashton. But knowing me, it will return to haunt my dreams and that's the part I'm not ready for.

Monica's P.O.V.

The date was AMAZING. It's the morning after and I'm still in shock as to what exactly happened. I have a boyfriend now. I actually have a boyfriend. Never did I see this day coming.