Introduction

Key: Your POV, Wesker's POV

        Top agent my ass. I was assigned to cover up the STARS mansion incident. By "cover up" my commanding officer means clean up the mess. The place was run down & gross. I was told to stay on high alert, "monsters" might still roam the mansion. I'm confused as to what they mean by that but maybe I will find out. Anyways, the ride there is almost over. Of course, I'm the first one here. I'm only Stinger's best agent because I'm the only one that does shit. Hopefully, this job gets me promoted out of this damn team. I might as well scope out the place, I was told that the rogue agent Wesker died in the incident. I should be fine to go in alone. 

          I took my gun out of its holster as I stepped up to the large front door. It was a dark night, we had to cover up as soon as possible before people found this place. I figure I can kill off any remaining threats before my poor excuse for a team gets here. I wouldn't want any of them dying. I made my way inside, the doors creaked eerily as I entered. 

"I hate that," I thought aloud.

          It was even worse inside. Blood was scattered across the floor. These weird black splotches that looked like crushed bugs covered the whole place. I was about ready to vomit at the site.

"Looks like alpha team took care of most of the mess for me."

         The sudden sound of stomping made me jump. I couldn't tell where exactly it was coming from so I tried my best to keep an eye on all angles. A chandelier loomed above me. The stomping was closer, the chandelier shook roughly. Worried it would fall, I moved out of the way. To my horror, the monster had been coming at me from behind this whole time. Thank god for instinct. It was grotesque. It resembled a human slightly but it was huge. It wore raggedy, torn clothing & donned shackles on its wrist & legs. What the fuck is this thing, it can't be human. When the debrief said "zombie-like monsters" I thought they couldn't be serious. I raised my gun to its head.

"Stop! I will shoot!" I yelled, hoping it was somehow able to understand me.

          It made weird groaning noises as it continued towards me. For some reason, I wished I could save it, but it was me or them. I shot it in the head. It seemed unphased for the most part, continuing to groan. 

"What the fuck?!" I exclaimed out of pure shock.

         I shot again & again. It didn't care. This thing isn't human. I decided the only safe way out of this situation was to run, maybe I could warn the others from safety. I turned on my heel & sprinted down a nearby hallway. I ran & ran until I couldn't hear even the faintest sound of stomping anymore. I collapsed to my knees & attempted to catch my breath. I pulled out my walkie talkie & gripped the speak button tightly.

"No sign of human life. The monster shit is no joke! A large humanoid creature survived three otherwise fatal shots to the head. Do not enter the mansion, it resides in the main entrance. Repeat, do not enter the mansion," I stated urgently through exasperated breaths. 

           I let go of the talk button only to hear static. Shit. This place is like a bomb shelter, I can't reach my team. How am I going to get help? Oh fuck, they're gonna all walk in & die to that monster. Maybe I can find something to help me kill it here. Hopefully, I'm fast enough to save my team. I made my way down the hall to a section where every door was open. I heard a similar groaning to the monster before. I sprinted past the door to the corner of the hallway. I looked to my side to see if my path was clear. Whatever this is I have to take it out so it can't follow me.

"Hey! I'm right here!" I yelled, attempting to get its attention fast so I could move on.

            Then groaning got closer. In moments, I saw it. A large, heavy humanoid-like creature. Pale-bodied with its arms outstretched towards me. It was taller than me but still average human size. I should be able to take it out. I shot it quickly three times. It bounced back a bit but remained alive & moved on. 

"Why did I jinx it, fuck!" 

             I shot at it a couple more times before sprinting down the hallway. I barely made it a few steps before my foot missed its landing. The fuck? I fell into a hole, catching myself on the rim with my hands. My legs dangled down to what looked like endless darkness. I tried to pull myself out but heard the monster getting closer. 

"Fuck fuck fuck."

              If both ways is a death, the fall will likely be less painful. I grit my teeth, closed my eyes... & let go. I'm sorry team, for letting you down. I fell far & fast. I hit the ground assuming this would be my end, it wasn't. A sharp pain tore through my body, my leg ached. It wasn't broken but man it fucking hurt from taking that fall. I couldn't tell if I was hallucinating or not from all the pain, but I heard a voice down the hall. I pushed myself up & used a nearby pole as a crutch. I made my way down the cold, stonewalled hallway. Suddenly, the voice stopped. Maybe I am crazy. But if there's a chance I can get help & protect my team, I have to take it.

End of Chapter 1

AHHHHHHHH HOW DID YOU LIKE IT SO FAR?
It's almost Wesker time! Wooooooooooo!