Chapter Seven: Cain & Abel

The three of us walked from the crumbling palace, and out into the world of Dreams

     The three of us walked from the crumbling palace, and out into the world of Dreams. The realm was in decay, and totally Barron. But as we walked through the Kingdom, we came upon a small patch of land owned by Brothers, the very first siblings in all of creation. Cain and Abel, not only were they the first brothers, but they also were the first murderer, and victim. It's going to be awkward to see them again. Why did you think Cain killed Abel...

In the distance I could see two houses, separated from one another, one belonging to one sibling. The thick fog shrouded the surrounding area, that's how bad the realm has come too. The untame environment. The realm was in need of a good fix up. We came to a small bridge that led to the houses, and both brothers stood nearby to greet us.

"Cain. Abel," Dream's voice carried through the air, as he walked first, as Lucienne was to his left, and I was to his right. It was like we were his entourage.

"Lord Morpheus," Cain states in shock, as he grabs the glasses from his face and takes them off.

"You've come back," Cain announces, both brothers looking relieved and hopeful their master had returned.

"At last,"

"I told you he'd return,"

"I never doubted it," Cain retorted as they were doing what all siblings do. However, their eyes wandered over to me, as I met them when they were far younger. "Lady Chaos, it has been awhile," Cain looked up at my figure, his eyes gawking at what he had missed all these centuries.

"You look good milady," sweet Abel came clean.

"Hello boys," I offered a flirtatious smile, grabbing a strand of my hair, and twirled it in my finger. "You both look..." I paused for a moment, taking in their appearances, as they had gotten old since I saw them last. "Old," I dropped the flirty smile, and put my hand back down to my side, giving them hope that I would compliment their appearance. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Morpheus, and Lucienne have their gazes upon me. And it felt like they were trying to dig their way through the side of my skull. "But... It's good to see you," I had to force those words out, though I didn't really mean it. Small smiles replaced their gloomy expressions.

"Come in, my Lord, Milady, and you, Lucienne. To the House of Mystery," Cain invited us into his home as his eyes travelled among the three of us as he spoke our names, and twisting his body and extending his hand out to his house.

"Or the House of Secrets. I have tea," Abel twisted his body the opposite way, and extended his hand out to his own home.

"I have tea and biscuits," Cain bickered back to his brother, and it's still enjoyable to watch them trying to win over their master. They were like that with me once, they couldn't get enough.

"Genetlemen, I'm afraid this is not a social call," Luicenne butted into their bickering, and brought their attention back to the matter of why we were here.