Chapter 2: Safe? Definitely not.

Oh, and I might be adding trigger warnings throughout the book. That means, that those TWs will be additional. Please have that in mind and look out for any more TWs that might come!

TW:
MEGA TRIGGER WARNING:
an author who has no idea about minecraft lore haha

-------------

Tommy looked at the many skeletons in front of him. There were so many, that it overwhelmed him.

But what was he supposed to do now?

He looked at the still bowing skeletons before him.

Should he tell them, that they can stand up again? Maybe tell them that they can do whatever they normally do in this situation?

Or just decline their offer to be their king or whatever they think of him now?

"Uhmmmm... so you can stand up again.", he uttered nervously, not sure if he could say that without angering the black skeletons.

Well, okay, sure, they said that they accepted him as a leader or king or something, but he only knew about how those function in the overworld.

Not the nether.

To his relief the skeletons did as told and all stood there, staring at the blond, while some bones rattled here and there.

"Uhhhhhhh", Tommy awkwardly filled the silence. This was too overwhelming for a teen! He was suddenly a very important person, and he only just found out!

He thought he'd only have to get away, hide and, survive!

A skeleton luckily came to his rescue, noticing his distress or not, "We'll guard the Castle again, if you'll allow us, young lord. Rest assured, we'll keep everything safe!"

So he was a lord in their eyes. The blond hopefully had the same idea of a lord as them.

Tommy nodded at the black skeletons request. Almost every skeleton left. He looked at the two skeletons, that stayed. "Would you like for us to stay with you? You seem visibly overwhelmed, milord.", a high pitched but rather male voice asked politely.

Tommy smiled at their effort.

He accepted the offer and began walking with them. "Please, do not be afraid to ask us anything. Wether you need us to do a task or give you a simple answer.", the same voice stated while one skeleton rattled it's bones. They sounded very happy about something.

Maybe it was Tommy's long awaited presence.

"Sure", the blond simply answered. He thought for a bit and finally settled on a question.

"So, what am I exactly to you?", he asked while looking at the two skeletons with their swords in hand.

He had a hunch, but wanted to make sure.

Misunderstandings are like red flags in life.

He didn't need those.

"The most simple answer would be our lord, protector and future.", the same voice answered. The reply was simple, but didn't satisfy the blond.

"So, you mean like a leader or king or lord or something? I mean, I am flattered, but I don't know if I am up to it.", the blond explained, scratching the back of his neck thoughtfully.

The skeletons stayed silent at that.

Why were both of them suddenly so silent? Did he say something wrong?

Not even their bones rattled as loudly as before.

Their footsteps echoed through the halls, giving the silence an eerie feel to it.