Chapter 5: Cassie Lang

Cassie Lang had experienced a lot of change in the last year. After her father was brought back from the quantum realm and had fought as an Avenger to stop Thanos, he had become a celebrity. Starting with a podcast "Little Big Me" in which Cassie had been a guest star, he then wrote a book. Cassie hated fame, and luckily for her, she was barely recognized as Ant-Man's daughter. Moreover, she had been to the quantum realm with him, becoming Ant-girl (she was still working on a better name). That trip had the most impact on her.
The world had changed too. One day, Cassie saw a new team of superheroes on the news fighting a monster, while she was at the hospital. She wasn't aware of any new heroes so she had been surprised to discover their existence. She also saw a girl in purple dive to avoid a projectile. She wasn't sure whether she was part of the team.

A few minutes after the victory, that same girl was brought into the hospital. Cassie was fascinated by her courage. She had always admired her dad for what he did as a hero and she had even wanted to be his teammate. However, she knew her dad wasn't fond of her fighting crime so she didn't pursue it after their adventure in the quantum realm. In there, Cassie had seen things she couldn't forget, both beautiful and scary.
Once the girl had been settled into a room, Cassie decided she wanted to get to know her. As a consequence, she had to wait.
She had been doing so for a few hours when the mysterious girl woke up. Cassie knew right away, as the stranger started asking where she was while yelling.

Cassie entered the room and tried to reassure the girl.
"You're at a hospital, you can relax" she said
"Oh? Great I love hospitals" the girl replied ironically. "Well, I guess that means I lost the fight"
"No, don't worry, the beast has been captured" Cassie told her
"Yes, SO great" she started. "Not that it's a bad thing, but I didn't think before acting. Now I probably have a concussion and I only have myself to blame! By the way, if you don't mind me asking, who are you?" the girl asked.
"I'm Cassie Lang, nice to meet you" Cassie responded "And you?"
"I'm Kate Bishop. Wait Lang, ... as in Scott Lang?"
"Yep, that's my dad" she sighed
"Oh, that's so cool!" Kate told her. "I mean Ant-man is not my favorite hero, but it's still cool."
"Really? I think he's awesome"
"Well, off course you would say that. He's your dad after all. Don't get me wrong, I like him a lot. But that podcast was meh. I barely got through the first episode"
"Ok, then who's your favorite Avenger then?"
"It might be an unpopular opinion, but I love Hawkeye"
"Oh, that makes sense, since you're an archer! Hawkeye? Really?"
"Yes really, he saved my life during the battle of New York. So, I had no other choice, I had to be trained in martial arts and in archery. He was kind of my role-model growing up" Kate confessed.
"Have you ever met him in real life?"
"Yes! I have to tell you this story. You probably won't believe me, but I have proof."
She went on to explain her meeting with Clint Barton, how they had formed an unlikely duo. He had apparently trained her and gave her knowledge on his trick arrows. Like Kate had guessed, Cassie did not believe her at first, but Kate did have proof: photos.

"So, for Christmas, you got to meet your favorite hero, he trained you to be his successor, you stopped a gang and you adopted a new dog" Cassie summarized.
"Yes, that's exactly how I would describe it"
"But you stopped being a hero for a while? What made you decide to reprise this life?"
"I guess nothing much. I saw people in danger and I hurried there to save them. Luckily for them, because that team of morons certainly couldn't have stopped him without my help."
"Oh! I've just had a great idea!"
"Do tell" Kate encouraged her.
"Well, that team is probably linked to the Avengers. If not, there still has to be records of young heroes in their headquarters" Cassie explained. "And guess who knows the location of it..."
"Wait. Are you suggesting we break into the Avengers building and investigate that stupid team?"
"I mean, it could be a fun bonding activity for us to do... What do you say?"
"I say, ...Yes! I'm totally down for that!" Kate shouted. "Oh, and we should leave discreetly, because they haven't discharged me yet" she whispered.
Cassie smiled, she could sense the beginning of a very fun adventure.