Chapter 2: Kate Bishop

Kate Bishop was officially a superhero. She was the new Hawkeye! And although she did not have her family anymore (father deceased, mother imprisoned), she had been somewhat adopted into a new one. After spending Christmas with Clint and his family, she continued training with him and spent the rest of her time with his children and wife. She felt like she had a new cool uncle and great cousins.
Of course, as a superhero, there wasn't much action in Waverly, Iowa. She helped at the farm and played with the children. She also took care of her new dog Lucky. But she wanted more out of life. So, she decided to go back to New York after having spent 6 months on the farm. As she was packing her bags, Clint came into her bedroom. "I'm really going to miss you, kiddo. I know you want to be a hero so badly. But, you need to be careful. This life has its benefits but mostly its difficulties. You have to promise me you will think first before jumping into action. Don't be stupid, you will only end up making things worse" he told her
"Thanks, you're really great at reassuring people" Kate responded sarcastically
"Well, I know you're a hothead that will act without thinking."
Kate sighed. "But I also know that you are smart, and capable of greatness. So don't get yourself killed, that would be great" Clint finished.
"I'll do my best" she said
"I know you will. I believe in you kid. See you at Christmas."

So, there she was, back in New York. She moved back into her old apartment. She worked in a coffee shop at day and fought crime as a vigilante at night.
At first, she really enjoyed it. She loved the feeling she got when fighting: the thrill, the excitement and the fear in some cases. She loved the feeling of reward when stopping a criminal or even rescuing a cat in a tree. But she felt so alone as she did not have a lot of friends. A year went by and she stopped being a hero midway through. She could not continue with this dangerous life that seemed to lead nowhere. After being seriously wounded and ending up in the hospital, she gave up her bow and instead, she became a full-time waitress. She had a new life and she made a lot of friends along the way. Perhaps not being Hawkeye was for the best.

However, one day she discovered someone had attacked the NYPD. It was all over the news. Some kind of grey monster was trying to destroy the building. She heard the journalist say that the officers weren't a match for that beast. Instantly, she ran to her closet, and put on her suit. She hesitated a bit before picking up her bow. She had stopped being a hero for a reason, and she didn't want to make the same mistake again. But she knew someone needed her help so she hurried. She moved from roof to roof using a cable arrow and she arrived at the scene in a few minutes. She couldn't believe her eyes: there was a team fighting that monster. A team of four people with ..., similar powers to some avengers? There was a lightning guy, wearing some kind of a headband/crown and a red cape; a green guy, that had a lot of muscles; someone in a suit that looked like iron man's and a masked hero wearing a blue suit and holding a shield with the American flag on it. They looked silly, fighting against this monster. And they were starting to lose. Only one of them was still standing and he looked pretty wounded.
Kate discreetly landed behind the monster. She saw an opening as the monster was punching the captain America wannabe and she shot an explosive arrow that landed on his shoulder. At first, the beast laughed, but when the arrow went kaboom, he looked angry. Kate had hoped that the arrow would damage him but it seemed like it didn't. She tried getting another arrow from her quiver but she saw him holding a bench over his head. Kate dove right as he was throwing it and her head fell on the ground. Everything became black.