Humanity's Destructive Hands [old version]

Start from the beginning

You walked up to her and looked down to see Congress Poland weaving something with long blades of grass.

You felt how Powhatan's warm eyes observed you.

"You seem tense." She suddenly said leisurely.

You turned around to look into her calm face.

"That's because I am." You mumbled, not knowing what to answer to the obvious statement.

"What's on your mind?" She asked, her tone still calm even though her eyes started to have some sort of worry in them.

You sighed.

"I want to be able to trust countries that live here. But it's hard. It hasn't even been twenty four hours yet and they have done nothing but fight, make messes, hurt each other and break down. Some of them have clear mental problems or addictions, others are very clearly psychopaths." You shuddered.

Even though you had already found liking in Skáney, because he was trying to be your friend and was somehow getting along, he was clearly very deranged in a way.

USA and Germany were clearly heavily depressed, both of them having mood swings.

USSR and New Spain were behaving very weirdly, there was no way of saying what their deal was.

And the fact that the British Empire seemed to have heavily neglected Thirteen Colonies to the point where he tried to be adopted by the Powhatan Confederacy was not a good sign either.

"They're all just so... sick. They're heavily sick, mentally and physically. They all need therapy. And suddenly I'm the therapist. Suddenly I need to give hugs and hold hands and ask questions and... carry people up the stairs. And... I don't like being around people. I mean, why did I move here in the first place? Definitely not to open up a psych ward."

You let out another frustrated sigh and put your head in your hands.

"It seems to me that you are starting to be worn out as well. You're carrying everyone's burden with you." Powhatan said, hesitantly putting her hand on your shoulder.

"That's very admirable. Something true leaders do. Or a parent for their children. What you need is their respect. You know what I let my tribes do when they started fighting? I let the two go hunting together. They wouldn't come back all happy or friendly, but they'd definitely start respecting each other's presence."

You raised your head to meet her calm gaze.

"Maybe I should let them make food together?" You asked, trying to get her opinion on what your were supposed to do, since hunting wasn't an option.

She nodded.

"You could try that first. I'm not that worried about you, you'll do great. You already have a very strong aura around you. You could try to be more understanding to the countries that come to you. Try to feel what they're feeling. It will make it a whole lot easier."

"Okay... I'll try. Thank you for your help." You said, feeling a whole lot better.
"Would you come into the kitchen too then?"

She nodded again, her eyes now sparkling in an admiring way.

"Of course."

|~~~~~~~|

The countries who had been in the living room stood gathered around in the kitchen.

The only ones missing where Congress Poland, who you didn't want to force being around people until his eye was taken care of, Australia, who you weren't going to wake up, the poor lad needed to rest, Austria, because of obvious reasons, and Germany and DDR, who you wanted to get from upstairs.