Chapter 20 - Charles

As soon as Eleanor left my car, I already missed her. I tried to focus on driving but every time I tried to, my thoughts went back to her. The date was awesome and I couldn't wait to see her again. When I arrived at home I immediately changed my clothes, brushed my teeth and went to bed. After all Eleanor was right, I had to race an important Grand Prix tomorrow. I mean all Grand Prix are important but the home GP is always the most exciting one. When I tried to sleep I had problems to get Eleanor out of my head. To get her beautiful hair, her perfect smile and her voice out of my head. I loved her voice, it was so lovely. The date couldn't have been better in my opinion. I hoped she thought the same. But obviously I couldn't read minds, so I decided to postpone this thought to tomorrow after the race.

When I entered the circuit, the mood was hectic. So many people ran around. When I got to Ferraris it wasn't a bit better. I went into the room where I kissed Eleanor, to escape all of this. I was a bit early. so I had half an hour left to relax before I had also get into this hectic mood. When I opened the door, I saw Carlos sitting on the couch. "What are you doing here? You are never so early?" I asked confused. "I don't know either. I just couldn't stay in my hotel room any longer" he explained. I nodded understanding and sat down to the left of him. There was a long silence before Carlos finally said something. "Sooo, what is between you and her?" I knew this question would come. "I don't know, to be honest. And even though I didn't wanted it to happen, I think I fell in love with her..." I sighed. After a little while Carlos finally responded "Wow. I don't know what to say. I am truly speechless. And you know that this doesn't happen very often" "Yeah I know. But I can't believe it neither" I said. And it was the truth.

After a strategy meeting we finally got to our cars. When I got into mine, I switched off my mind. Now I had to focus on the race. I wanted to win for me, my country and mostly, for Eleanor. I would win this race.