𝟒- 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫, 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐞𝐱?!

She remained on my lap while I sat up straight, my shirt muffling her faint sobs. ''Pancy!, I raised my voice at her slightly, incredulously, "Where did you learn that word?" as if she uses it regularly and considers it to be commonplace. At least for a seven-year-old girl, it isn't. '' What do you mean? Mommy says it all the time when something doesn't work out.'' Of course, just as I predicted. The mother is a negative role model. ''Well, Please avoid saying that once again. Okay? It's a very bad word.'' Percy nods and glances down at the ground as Sarah gently gets away from my lap and in her direction. just before she extends her arms around her older sister's body. I'm watching the kids interact with each other while seated on my knees. They were always there for one another, and that made me smile. After that, they just played around until night fell, and I received a message.

ʜᴇʏ, ʜᴀᴛᴇ ᴛᴏ ʙʀᴇᴀᴋ ɪᴛ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ʜᴏᴍᴇ ʟᴀᴛᴇʀ, ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴀɴ ʜᴏᴜʀ. ʜᴏᴘᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ꜰɪɴᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ?

I mean, I don't really have a choice, do I? It was ten o'clock and the kids had been in bed for roughly thirty minutes when I sighed, wrote a thumbs-up, and resumed reading my book.

I was reading a young adult romance that you could picture yourself having but are probably not going to have. When the door opened, I was down to a few pages, and it was slowly coming to an end when I realized it was already 11 o'clock, just as he had predicted it would be. I folded one of the book pages I was reading at the time and stood up to welcome the parents as soon as I heard the key twitching in the lock. But as soon as they both entered, I noticed a woman with black hair, red bright lipstick, and an eyeliner wing that was strategically placed to resemble a scar. She had a vibrant purple dress on and a lot of jewelry. She was wearing the exact same dress she wore to her parents' wedding, and I was there, holding her hand and kissing her because she was mine. She apparently didn't change at all.

The girl I dated's boyfriend was also the father of the kids I was watching. She appeared astonished to find me standing there, and I shared her reaction. However, I then cleared my throat and turned to face Vince, the man who hired me to babysit, as well as her boyfriend. I initially looked at her hand, which was covered in white acrylic nails and a ring, before turning to face Vince, who also wore the same ring. then it unfolded on me that Deborah was Vince's wife. They are married. And now her damn ex is babysitting her children.

As Deborah and I were exchanging glances, Vince saw us and let go of Deborah's hand, only to place it on her back. He murmurs, evidently uncomfortable, that I'm staring disgustedly at his wife, "You guys.. know each other?" I was completely unaware that she had cheated on me with Vince. Deborah's remark that we were "just.. old pals" caused me to roll my eyes and grab my bag. I glared at Deborah and saw her swallowing, looking between me and her husband as Vince looked at Deborah in shock. "I-.. Sarah and Percy were easy to handle today, they actually are every time except the time Percy called Sarah a faggot and told me she heard it from her mother, all of the time," I stated.

They may have had a heated dispute tonight because of me, but why should I care? "Goodnight, Vince, Deborah." I tossed the backpack over my shoulder and moved toward the door, which was still open. I then slammed it behind me and continued walking down the street without giving anyone a single glance back.