"That was the last thing you were awake to see," Luke said quietly with a sad look on his face. "It's all my fault."

"It's not your fault, Luke," Ellie said softly. "It's that driver's fault. And I'm alright now, see?" She smiled making Luke nod and return the smile.

"It's incredibly good news that you remember everything, Elaine. This shows that you have slight to no brain damage which is remarkable." Dr. Claire stated. "We will, however, carry out some tests to ensure that you are perfectly alright, okay?" Ellie nodded, feeling drowsy all of a sudden. "Alright. I should call you parents and let them know!"

"She closed her eyes again," Luke panicked. "Is she okay?"

"Yes, she's alright, Luke." Dr. Claire said calmly. "It happens when a person just awakes from a coma. They won't be awake for longer periods on the first day. We should let her rest." She said as she smoothed Ellie's hair and stood up.

"Come on now, Luke. We have a lot of people to call and enlighten with the happy news," she smiled kindly as she walked out of the room with Luke trailing behind her quietly.

"Tiana, the girl in the ICU is awake. We'll have to find a bed for her so could you please arrange it?" Dr. Claire asked a young, curly haired, brown skinned nurse who flashed a bright smile.

"She's awake?" Tiana asked with a sparkle in her eyes. Dr. Claire nodded. "Praise the lord!" Tiana said happily and when her eyes trained on Luke she said, "I'm so happy for you, sweetie."

Luke smiled and thanked her before following Dr. Claire. "Everyone in this hospital is so caring and kind," Luke said with tears in his eyes. He seemed to always have tears in his eyes the past few weeks. "Everyone cares as if it's someone of their own family that's hurt and not a stranger. I like that," he nodded. "It's like you all are one big family here."

Dr. Claire chuckled lightly. "We like to think of ourselves as one big family as well, Luke. And us doctors have feelings too. Most of the nurses and doctors working here have had their loved ones in the most critical situations. For some, they have lost their loved ones," she said with a sad smile.

"Anyway," she said as she opened her office door and gestured for Luke to enter. "How about I call the parents and you call the friends?"

Luke nodded and Dr. Claire showed him to a telephone while she sat next to the other one.

Luke picked up the handset, placing it against his ear before dialing Ashton's number. In the middle of the third ring he picked up the phone and said, "Hello."

"Hey, Ashton, it's me, Luke." Luke said into the phone.

"Luke! Are you feeling better now?" Ashton asked, concerned. "I thought you went home? Or is this your home number?"

"No, I mean, yes I'm alright now. I did go home but I came to visit El today and Ashton, you won't believe it but, she's okay!" He heard Ashton gasp. "She woke up, Ash! She spoke to us and she remembers everything!"

"That's, that's great! Oh my god," Ashton sniffed and became quiet. Luke, who understood, waited quietly as well until Ashton spoke again. "Can we visit her?"

"Yes, you can. I have to call Calum as well now and," Luke was interrupted when he heard Ashton saying something. "What?" He asked as he watched Dr. Claire riffle through a book containing phone numbers.

"Calum's here. He stayed at my place for the night. He's asleep but I'll fill him in on the news and bring him with me," Ashton smiled though Luke couldn't see.

"Alright, Ash. See you soon," Luke said before hanging up. "Did you find the numbers Dr. Claire?" He asked once he set down the handset.

"Ah, yes! Hold on," she said as she dialed the number and waited. "Hello? Is this Mr. Hawthorn?" and when she received a 'yes' she continued, "This is Dr. Claire and I have wonderful news! Elaine has awakened from her coma!" she heard a gasp and John calling for his wife.

"I asked her the most important questions to check whether she still had her memory and she does which is a good sign. We will be running some tests soon to make sure she has no brain damage but other than that, she's doing really well." She finished off with a smile.

John was crying and Jane took the phone from him and said, "Thank you so much, Dr. Claire. Can we visit her?"

"Yes you can, Mrs. Hawthorn," Dr. Claire responded. "You can call me Claire."

"Please call me Jane and thank you, Claire. Thank you so very much," Jane said before ending the call.

"They're coming over to visit her," Dr. Claire said once she set down the handset.

"So are Calum and Ashton," Luke smiled.

"I feel so happy to see everyone around me this happy," Dr. Claire sighed with content.

"Dr. Claire, you are one extraordinary human being," Luke said honestly making the doctor chuckle.

"I am not all that extraordinary, my dear. I just want happiness, that's all. I think we all need a bit of that in our lives, don't we?" She asked.

"That's definitely something we need," Luke nodded.

***

I feel as if i'm thanking you guys everyday but, thank you because honestly without you all what would this story be? Where would it go? I love you all so much! Your comments always make me smile! And I love all of you that vote so one more thank you to you haha!

Dedicated to @AlyHemss because this story started thanks to her book 'Demons' so check out her work! Her book 'Vinyls' is a must read! Oh and don't forget about little me once you start reading her books, okay? xD

Are any of you fans of A Rocket To The Moon? I just heard their song 'Ever Enough' and I'm in love *-*

IMPORTANT: I will not be updating next Friday because my A Levels start on Friday. So my updates will be slower.

- Pooji