Post The Rise of Skywalker

He should have been dead. That was the plan. Save the stupid Wookie and his friends, then kill Enric Pryde. 

Maybe he was dead. He couldn't move, and his chest burned with every breath. When he opened his eyes, all he could see was a bright light. There was a searing pain in his chest and he closed his eyes again, seeing a figure stand before him until he drifted off into consciousness.

When he opened his eyes again, he was in a darker room. He could feel the rough blanket that covered him form. His body was still sore, but he was much more confortable then he had been previously. At lest he was able to move his hands.

He turned his head slightly over to the direction a man who was sitting is an old wooden chair, arms crossed over his chest with a slight frown on his lips. Hux could feel he was tired just by the way he was sitting, but he was awake.

Hux reached over  to set his hand on Poe's thigh, making him jump. Hux cursed himself for not thinking of what he was insinuating.

"Where am I?" Hux asked, trying to sit up but failing. Poe put his hand on Hux's chest, making him stay on the cot. Poe moved over to sit on the side of the bed, still frowning. "Not in a cell, your welcome for that by the way. You needed your wounds tended to so we put you under. You should recover quite quickly now."

Hux frowned, staring right into Poe's deep brown eyes. "You should have left me to die." What Hux didn't expect was for Poe to be angry at him. For what? He was right.

"You'know, you have such a weird way of saying 'Thank You'." Poe stated, sighing dramatically, running his hands over his face. "I can't belive I actually, I actually fell in love with-"

"A monster?" Hux continued. He wasn't surprised. Those long nights of comunicating back in forth could only last so long. Someone like Poe with someone like himself. It was frivioulous, but Hux was surprised despite himself that Poe continued on. "I was going to say General Hux, but-"

"Same difference." Hux brushed him off gently. It hurt to push Poe away but it was for his own good. Poe had fallen in love with someone else, not General Hux.

"You saved us, didn't you? You gave the Resistence information to win the war. I don't forgive you for Starkiller, but what you did back there, it has to count for something." Poe said, standing up off the cot and moving to the door.

Before leaving, Poe looked back at Hux who was still silently staring at the ceiling, not even glancing back in Poe's direction.

"General Hux died at the battle of Exegol. Your a free man. It's your desision if you think you deserve it or not." Poe walked out the door, closing it behind him, leaving Hux alone.

Armitage had a lot to think about.