Normality Sucks

Beginne am Anfang

Mr. Lecter sat at the end of his desk, interested in the topic. "So, what you're saying, Joshua, is that killer's influence was based on the movie itself."

Cici let out a huff and sat up straight in her chair. "That is so moral, majority, you can't blame real-life violence on entertainment" sighing to myself, I see Mickey staring at me intently before looking over at Cici.

"Wait a minute, yes you can!" Walt spluttered, shooting up straight in his seat as he faced the blonde, his face lighting up with passion as he began arguing back, "Don't you watch the news?".

Joshua scoffed in agreement. "Yeah, hello? The guy was wearing a Ghost mask, just like in the movie. It's directly responsible" I felt the color drain from my face; they were going to talk about it.

I can't talk about it.

"No, it's not! Movies are not responsible for our actions," Cici shouted from beside me as she let out a massive huff. I shakingly glanced at her, suddenly having a flashback of that night.

"You sick fucks have seen too many movies!" Sid shouted at them, holding me to her side. Billy stabs Stu again, "Sid, don't blame the movies. The movies don't create psychos; movies make psychos more creative".

... "Thank you. I agree with you," blinking, I felt like water was rushing through my ears as I heard Randy speak up, "Let me tell you about reality, Mickey. I lived through this. We lived through this," Randy motioned between himself and me.

I tried to slink lower in my seat when a few eyes turned to me. "Okay? Life is life. It doesn't imitate anything" Glancing over at Randy, I could see how eager he was to get into the conversation.

It was shocking how excited he seemed to be now that we were talking about our near deaths.

Mickey scrutinized him in disbelief. "Oh come on, Randy, with all due respect, the killer obviously patterned himself after two serial killers who were immortalized on film."

My chest felt like it was getting tighter as Mickey argued his case. Clearing my throat, I looked at the clock, wondering how much longer I had to be here.

"Thank you!" Joshua shouted, clapping his hands together obnoxiously, earning a glare from Cici, who no doubt was glaring at him for his childishness. "Plus, if it was a movie, you would have been killed off for being the sidekick to Kat's main character."

Mr. Lecter coughed, and we all glanced at him. I didn't realize that I had stopped breathing for a moment when he asked his question, "So, you're saying that someone is trying to make a real-life sequel?"

I peered down at my desk with my eyes wide. I don't think I could survive a 'sequel' of what happened, not only mentally but also physically.

The only reason I wasn't dead was because Billy and Stu didn't want me to be. I was a part of a plan that I never knew existed. A pawn in a game where I had no idea I was actually the Queen.

"Stab 2? Why would anyone want to do that? Sequels suck!" Randy called out, making the class cry out in protest, "Oh, please. Please! By definition alone, they're inferior films," Randy stated as the class talked over each other.

"It's bullshit generalization. Many sequels have surpassed their original," Mickey told Randy; his face held an intensity that bordered fervency and a little bit of fury from what I could see.

"Oh, yeah?" Randy laughed, looking humored at the intensity Mickey was showing. I didn't know he was so passionate about sequels.

"Name one" I smiled at the deadpan tone Cici had used. Even Mickey seemed shocked to be provoked about the subject.