chapter 34

security comes into the room as we were all huddled together, and they pick up brandon from off of the ground, he groans as he is being taken out of the room.

we all let go of eachother and one of the security guards stops to ask, "are you guys alright?"

"we are, but kai needs some medical attention" billie says, putting her hand on my shoulder.

"i should be alright, i do martial arts training every week. i'm trained for this" i said.

"i know, love. but every fighter still gets checked by a doctor just in case" she says.

"alright, yeah if i could get checked that would be great" i told the security guard.

"of course" he says, before leaving.

i started to walk around the room, looking for security cameras in the room. i spot one in the corner above the chair that brandon sat it.

"hey, is this on?" i ask finneas.

he comes over and takes a look at the camera, "it should be. we can go to the security office and see if it's on"

"it better be, otherwise i don't know how good of a lawyer brandon can get if that's not on" i said.

"well, if it isn't," finneas says, i see him reach into the back of his pocket and pull out a recorder, "i recorded the whole thing.

"no way, i didn't think that's what you had in your pocket" billie asks, surprised.

"i'm proud of you, fin" i tell him, wrapping my arms around him.

we walk out of the green room and maggie runs straight to billie, giving her a big hug. marissa runs into me and also gives me a big hug.

"are you okay?" i ask her.

"yes i am, are you?" she says into my shoulder, i feel a part of my shirt get wet from her starting to cry.

"yes i am" i said.

marissa let's me go and then marissa went to billie as maggie went to finneas.

i look at billie and she gives me a soft smile the holds out her hand.

i take her hand and squeeze it a little, never breaking eye contact.

"oh god your neck" maggie says, i look at her and she  walks over to give me a hug.

"i know, i tend to bruise easily. i'm okay though, i promise" i said, giving her a hug.

maggie let's me go and i notice out of the corner of my eye that patrick comes running up to give billie a hug.

"i was in the security office," patrick says, letting billie go, "it turns out that someone hacked the system and turned off the cameras that we installed everywhere"

"you've gotta be kidding me" i said.

"at least i have everything recorded" finneas says.

patrick gave finneas a hug, then we all walked towards the security room. i look over at billie and then walk right next to her, taking her hand in mine.

we get into the room and patrick sits down at the desk with one of the security guys looking over the footage they have before it was turned off.

the computer replayed over and over a part where there was a car pulling up to the side of the building, and brandon hoping out of it. there was no security on the side of that building.

"that's weird, why was there no security there?" i asked.

"because of this" the security guard says, flipping the screen to a different footage, of the front of the building.

there was a huge group of guys in a fight, that security was trying to break. the guards that were on the side of the building, emerged and started to help out.

"this must've been brandon's plan, cause a distraction, get in and hack the footage" billie said, laying her head on my shoulder.

"son of a bitch" finneas says.

we watch the footage a little bit more until all of the screen go black.

"this isn't good" i said. "this could've been a huge piece of evidence. i don't know if the police will fully put him in jail or give him a fine"

"we have the recording at least. it's a big piece of evidence" finneas says.

"alright yeah, you're right" i say, clearly frustrated.

we hear a knock on the door and all of our heads turn, "come in" patrick's says.

the door opens and a paramedic walks in, "kai, could i check you out real quick?"

"yes" i said, i was about to let go of billie until she held me tighter.

i turn towards her and she asks, "can i go with you?"

"of course" i say, giving her a smile.

we walk with the paramedic down the hall where he has his equipment at next to a chair.

"alright, sit down please" he tells me.

i sit down and then billie leans up against the wall right next to my chair.

the paramedic puts on some latex gloves and then gently pushes two fingers on the bruising of my neck. i feel the pain instantly and wince.

"do you feel the pain just on the skin of your neck or do you feel it in your throat?" he asks me, taking his fingers off me.

"it hurts mainly around my neck, but my throat hurts just a little bit. it doesn't really hurt when i talk" i tell him.

"okay, that's good. that's actually really good. could you open your mouth for me?" he asks me, taking out a flashlight.

i open my mouth and stick my tongue out, he shines his flashlight in my throat.

"okay," he says putting his flashlight down, i close my mouth, "it looks like you have some serious bruising around your neck but your throat is a little bit red. take some over the counter medicine and  you'll be healed up in no time" he says.

"thank you" i tell him.

"it looks like to me that this guy is kind of a wimp" the paramedic said.

we all laughed over that and over the next fifteen minutes, he asked me some more questions to make sure i was alright.

"alright, you're all set, kai. make sure to take some medicine and maybe try to avoid singing for a couple days, because it may not really hurt to talk but i know when you sing for a while it will hurt. but keep up the good work, kid." he says, packing up his things.

me and billie thank him, then he left us in the hallway.

i get up and give billie a big hug, and rest my forehead on her shoulder. she wraps her arms around my waist and rests her head on my chest.

"are you sure you're alright?" i ask her.

"yeah, i just hated being touched like that and seeing him hurt you" she says.

"i know, baby. he's gonna hopefully get put away and we will hopefully never have to see him again" i say.

she takes a deep breath then says, "i love your hugs, i never want to leave this hug"

"me neither" i say.

she lifts her head up a little and leaves a few peck kisses on my neck, then my cheek. i lift my head up then connect my lips with hers.

1231 words