chapter 28

"alright, now remember. ignore paparazzis as much as you can, they're gonna ask you hella questions per usual, but try to act normal. take a picture or two with fans. but ignore the paps" kyle said, as he was straightening my dress shirt.

"i know. i just hate how i gotta deal with the paps now. i hated them before i released music and still do" i told him.

me and kyle are at billie's house, standing in the living room. i'm dressed up in a blue dress shirt and black kayaks. billie is sitting on her couch, talking to her mom how she should go with me. marissa is in a blue dress, matching the color of my shirt. she looks like she's a bit nervous.

"mom i need to be there" i hear billie say.

"you know you can't, honey. you'll be able to hear everything that is going on at least." maggie tells her.

"alright. i'm putting this mic right behind your collar. don't try to fix your collar unless you really need to, because it might show and she could alert them." kyle says, as he puts a small black mic, smaller than the tip of my pinky, behind my collar right above my top button.

i hear footsteps coming into the living room, then see cody walk in with a black fitted shirt on and jeans.

"you guys ready?" cody says, putting his phone in his pocket.

"yes sir." i say.

i give kyle a fist bump and maggie a hug. billie gets up from her spot and gives me a big hug after i let maggie go.

"i'll be alright. if anything serious happens, you guys know what to do" i tell her.

she holds her arms around my hips and gives me a long kiss. "i love you, please be safe." she says.

"i love you, i will be" i tell her after she lets me go. i grab her hand and kiss it. i then i walk over to marissa and wrap my arm around her shoulder. "let's go. i needa talk to you in the car"

finneas instantly walks in and pulls me in for a hug, surprising me. i wrapped my arms around him and tell him, "i'll be okay, i promise"

"i hope so." he says, he pulls away and holds his hand out for a fist bump. i give him one and he says with a quiet voice, i'll take care of her" referring to billie.

"i know you will. thank you" i tell him, giving him a smile, then walking out the door with marissa.

marissa then turns around and runs inside. she gives finneas a big hug, then rubbed over to where billie was and gave her one.

i smiled at the thought of how my sister is close with her family. i'm so glad that me and her are close to this family. it makes us feel at home.

marissa walks out of the house and gives me a hug.

"can we live with them?" she asks me so that only i can hear it.

"i bet maggie would love that" i whispered in her ear.

"i hate to break this, but we should get going. we're gonna be late" cody says.

i let go of marissa and we walk into the car with cody and kyle. kyle is wearing a leather jacket with a black shirt and jeans. cody is driving while me and marissa are in the back seat and kyle is the passenger.

we start to drive and i look out of the window and billie is waving at me. i wave back at her.

while we get on the interstate, kyle speaks up. "alright guys, me and cody are going to be at the bar having a drink. we'll be having an earpiece in listening to your every word. if anything starts to go wrong, we are getting the fuck outta there and they will know to call back up if it gets really bad."