chapter 18

she looked at me for a couple seconds before she could answer, "bro i was literally about to ask you to be my partner" she says, turning red.

"no wayyy" i say, and we both start to laugh.

"yes kai, i would love to be your girlfriend." she says.

"let's keep this out of the media, and we can tell our inner circle, cuz of what's going on right now." i said.

"i totally agree with you" she said. we both stared off into the night before she spoke up again, "as much as i hate to do this, i think we should go back to the hotel, just to make sure everyone's okay." she said.

"me too, me and you will have our day together soon though, even a weekend or a whole week, once this is over." i said.

"i would love that more than anything." she said.

i gave her a kiss and drove off back to the hotel, we both were listening to streets by doja cat and singing our heart out to that song. we want to go watch her perform sometime.

i woke up to my alarm going off at 6 a.m., billie was laying on top of me with her arms wrapped around my neck.

"turn that shit oooooooff" she said, burying her head in my neck.

"i have to get up baby, i need to go work out." i tell her.

"noooo stay with me." she says.

"i'll be back baby, you need to get your sleep for the show tonight" i said, i started to remove her arms from my head.

"ugh fine, don't take forever tho." she said, then instantly fell back asleep as she turned to the other side of the bed.

i changed into my workout clothes and went down to the lobby. i noticed maggie and patrick with two guards, they looked new.

"hey guys," i say as i walk towards them, "do want of you want to go on a jog with me?" i ask the body guards.

"i could use a run," one guy said. he turned to me, "my name is cody by the way, i love your music." he told me.

"thank you man, i appreciate it." i told him.

"take care of yourself, kai" maggie told me.

"i will." i gave maggie a big hug and whispered into her ear, "thank you for the new guys, it makes me feel a lot more safe, especially billie"

"you're welcome." she said.

i told patrick goodmorning and then headed out of the doors to start my jog.

i jogged for about 1 hour then when i turned the block towards my hotel, i notice a woman who looked familiar outside the doors, talking to maggie. i ran closer and noticed, it was my mom.

"mom?" i ask, as i ran up to her.

"hi baby! i'm so proud that you're becoming so successful. god dad would be so proud." she said as she gave me a hug.

"why haven't you been texting me back? i was trying to update you on how my album is doing." i told her as she let go.

"i've been so busy with work, i'm sorry about that" she said.

"it's alright. what are you doing in town?" i asked her.

"i have a friend here that i haven't seen in a while. so i came to see her, you and marissa." she said.

i looked at maggie and she gave me a look that said "i'm sorry".

"mom?" i hear marissa say, as she walks through the doors.

"hi love, i missed you" she said, as she gave marissa a hug.

"you haven't been answering my texts?" marissa told her.

"maggie, could i speak to my mom for a moment? i'll meet you inside" i told maggie.

"yes dear, let me know if you need anything." she told me, she then walked into the hotel.

"mom, like actually what are you doing here? you haven't been answering me or marissa's texts, it's like you just straight up ditched us." i told her.

"baby, i said that i have been busy, i'll try to make it up to you guys okay? now i have to get going, i was going to have breakfast with my friend. i love you guys." she said, she then gave us both a hug then proceeded to go to a taxi.

"what is she doing here, kai?" marissa asked me.

"i don't know mar, that's what i'm trying to figure out too," i gave her a hug, "let's get some breakfast real quick, you want starbucks?" i asked her.

"yes" she said.

me, marissa and cody went to to starbucks, we got our drinks then sat at a table.

"i'm gonna run to the bathroom real quick" marissa said.

while marissa walked away, cody spoke up.

"i'm sorry with what happened with your mom earlier" he said.

"it's fine," i told him, "it's nothing new when it comes to her."

"i used to have a mom," he said, "she was catholic, and i came out as gay to her. she didn't talk to me for years, and once she started talking to me again, i ignored her. then one year later she died of cancer."

i looked at him in awe, "man i'm so sorry" i told him. i didn't even know what to say.

"it sucked. i felt like it was my fault. i felt like if i never told her that i was gay, that we could've been so close. and now i can't even see her. i'm just gonna say this," he put his hand on my shoulder, "no matter what goes on with your mom, try to make shit work out. even if she doesn't accept you or try to be in your life, she's not gonna be around forever". he said.

"i lost my dad," i started, i felt tears come to my eyes, "he was everything to me. he was my coach in martial arts and taught me how to play instruments. the reason that i'm succeeding in life is because of him, he taught me so many things and now he can't even see it. and now my mom is just blind sided and doesn't accept me for who i am. i mean i love her, but it hurts to know that she's in my life but isn't really." i told him.

"i'm sorry about your dad," cody said, "it sucks loosing a parent, even if they're not actually dead, you can lose them in general. as long as you keep doing you, you got this. i can tell you're a strong person."

"i really appreciate you, cody." i told him, giving him a pat on the back, "i hope you stick around for a while."

"i plan on it"

1145 words