chapter 32

"dude i can't do this. there's so many fans outside man." i said to cody.

me, billie and finneas are just outside the doors to get on stage with cody standing right by the doors so he can open it for us.

"you got this, man. i know that this is difficult. but we just installed cameras everywhere and if he somehow ends up in the crowd, or steve, we might be able to put an end to this" he says.

i took a deep breath and said, "okay," i turn to billie and tell her, "i'm gonna squeeze your shoulder if i see anyone i recognize who works with brandon. just so you know. you can do the same thing with finneas"

"okay" billie replies, rubbing my shoulder.

"alright, that sounds like a plan. let's go." finneas says.

"i'll inform you guys if anything happens, have fun out there" cody says, opening the door.

i step out first and all of the fans start to record and get excited to see us. we go to our stools and me and finneas pick up our guitars. we say hi to the fans.

"hey guys, it's amazing to see all your faces" i said.

as billie starts to talk to the fans, i look out among the crowd to see if i can see anyone i recognize, and so far i haven't seen anyone that i think would be apart of his crew.

i start to think about me and billie telling people we are in a relationship. before we stepped foot into the hallway, we agreed to tell people when the show is almost over so we can surprise them.

i hear billie say my name and i look over at her, "what song should we play first?" she asks me.

"ooooo i think we should let one of the fans decide that," i said, i look into the crowd and asked, "alright, who wants to pick a song?"

a lot of hands go up and people started to blurt out me and billie's songs. finneas only knows how to play two of my songs so we would most likely only perform one or two of mine, if we do.

my eyes landed on a tall brunette with glasses on and i pointed my finger at her. "you, brunette with the glasses, what song should we play?" i ask her.

"halley's comet" she says, smiling.

"oooo one of my favorites" i say, looking over at finneas.

we both start to play the song on our guitars and billie starts to sing, i look over at her and instantly how to admire how good of a voice that she has. i don't think i've ever heard someone sing so well like she does, it's so angelic.

i join in singing with her about halfway through the song, and when i start to sing, she makes eye contact with me and smiles. we both love to sing with eachother. she's one of the only people that i want to sing with, but of course i want to collab with some people.

once we finish the song, we hear a loud voice that said "are y'all dating or something?"

we both look out then back at eachother, people started to say "yeah, are you?".

me and billie slightly nod at eachother and unexpectedly we both said, "yes"

fans started to scream and i bursted out laughing. i expected this to happen but at the same time i didn't, it kind of surprised me that fans would react this way but not really.

i look over at billie and notice that her face is super red, "geez billie's over here blushing and shit" i say into the mic.

"shut up" she said, laughing her ass off.

"but yes guys, we have been dating for a while now. you guys kind of already assumed that though" billie continued.

"aww" fans were saying.