Prom Night Part 1

Percy's POV

My mom had taken me out to go last minute tuxedo shopping for prom last night; I got a black tux and a blue tie. Jason told me that he had gotten a black tux with a blue bow tie, so we would be matching. Earlier this morning, as I sat eating breakfast with my mom and Paul in the kitchen, I was thinking about prom, thinking about going with Jason, and thinking about what everyone was going to say when Jason and I showed up holding hands and dancing together (well, Jason dancing and me holding his hand as he danced). I guess I looked upset because my mom asked me about it.

"Is everything alright?" I looked at my mom for a moment.

"Yeah, yeah everything's fine."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm just... worried."

"About what?" I proceeded to tell her and Paul about everything that was on my mind. From everyone's reactions tonight, to not being able to make tonight as amazing as Jason wants it to be.

"Perce, remember the surgery that you had about a month ago?" I nodded, "The doctor said that you could start using those special crutches, he said you wouldn't really be able to walk on your own but if someone helped you, you could move around a little bit."

"But Paul, Jason is going to want to dance. Dancing and walking are two different things."

"I'm sure he will find a way to dance with you Percy."

"Maybe... oh and can Jason and I have the house to ourselves tonight? Everyone else is going to be at parties and everything and Jason wants to come over..." Mom and Paul exchanged a look, a look that was kind of like 'do we want them to be alone after prom...' either that or 'our son is basically asking us if we can leave before he gets home with his boyfriend so that they can have sex.'

"I guess, but you two better behave." I rolled my eyes and brought my cereal bowl to the sink.

"Jason is coming here before prom, are you going to take pictures?" My mom smiled.

"Of course I'm going to take pictures! My baby's first and last prom! Oh honey have you figured out how you are going to do your hair?"

"Mom, I'm not a girl. I don't need to go and have my hair curled and braided."

"Well you still have to style it somehow, you aren't going to prom with that mess."

~time skip~

"Mom, hurry up, Jason's going to be here any minute!" My mom was doing my hair, all she was really doing was gelling it up but for some reason it was taking her forever.

"Honey, I'm doing this as fast as I can." After another two minutes she was finally done. "Oh sweetie you look so handsome! Jason is going to be so happy."

I looked at myself in the mirror. My mom had perfectly gelled my hair back into a quiff, my tux fit perfectly, for once I was actually satisfied with what I saw in the mirror.

"You look amazing babe." Jason let his hands fall on my shoulders, I stared at him through the mirror.

Jason's blonde hair was swept back slightly, a little tuft of his hair fell on his forehead, kind of like Zayn Malik's hair. His blue bow tie matched the color of his eyes, I loved it. His tuxedo fit him perfectly, showing off his muscles. He looked perfect.

"I-You-You look beautiful." Jason chuckled and rubbed my shoulders.

"Come on, your mom wants to get pictures." Jason grabbed my hand, he rubbed his thumb against the palm of my hand as we went out to see my mom and Paul.

"Alright you two, go right in front of the fireplace there." My mom pointed towards the fireplace. After she got a few pictures of us there, she got out my "special crutches."

"Mom I haven't even used those once yet, I-"

"It's okay Perce, I've got you." Jason helped me out of the wheelchair and helped me get myself situated with the crutches.

"What if I-"

"You won't, because I've got you." Jason wrapped his arms around my waist from behind and rested his chin on my shoulder. He turned his head and kissed me on the cheek, making me smile, and my mom took a picture.

"I'm going to have that one framed." I heard my mom whisper to Paul. Jason smiled.

"I think we should get going." Jason said, more to my parents than to me.

"You two have fun!"

~another time skip~

Jason and I have been dancing for about two hours now. Every time a slow song comes on, Jason helps me with my crutches to a nice open spot, wraps his arms around my waist while I wrap my arms around his neck, and we sway from side to side.

The night was coming to a close, there was about 30 minutes left of the event, when Frank came over to us.

"You two disgust me." Frank's speech was slurred slightly, he must have brought booze in. "Jason why are you still wasting time on that piece of trash." Frank stumbled a little.

"He isn't trash." Jason clenched his fists.

"Yes he is, no one likes him."

"Just because you don't like him doesn't mean that everyone else doesn't like him."

"Oh no, everyone hates him."

"It's true Jason." I whispered.

"Y'know Jason, you shouldn't waste your time with him, unless your beating him up." Jason shoved Frank. "What? What did I do?"

"You're being an asshole."

"Oh go cry about it and cut your-"

"Shut the hell up!" I yelled at Frank. I was about to hit him with one of my crutches, but Jason picked me up and carried me out of the gym.

I was breathing heavily. Jason put me down when we were in an empty area.

"Percy you need to calm down. It's okay."

"It's not okay! He shouldn't be saying that stuff."

"Percy, Percy listen to me."

"Jason-"

"Percy, I'm not worried about what he said okay? I don't care. He's just being the asshole that he is. He's going to lose his scholarship to Penn State here soon once they find out that he's been drinking and partying nonstop, he's going to get what he deserves. I don't want this night to be ruined by him though, okay? So can we please go back in there, ignore him, and dance?" I nodded. "Good."

Jason and I went back into the gym, they were playing music that you would probably hear at a club. Jason grabbed my waist and pulled me close, we swayed from side to side again, but at a faster pace, and closer. Jason is going to be happy to hear that we have the house to ourselves tonight.

—————————————————————

A/N That was probably the longest chapter that I have written in a long time. Here is the update that I promised *sweats nervously and hopes that it was good enough for all of you* Next update will be next weekend, should be a fun one ;) But hey you guys should check out my Percico fan fiction that I just started, please, pretty please with a cherry on top. It would mean a lot. Anyway, hope you guys liked it. Comment what you think! Have a lovely day, bye!