"WATCH THE PAINT!"

"Maybe you should watch where you're... Knockout?"

The red mech rubbed his scraped chassis and looked up at who he bumped into.

"Bumblebee?"

It was quiet for a minute, then both mechs burst out laughing.

"Sorry about that, Bee! I didn't know it was you!" Knockout apologized.

"It's all good, Knockout," Bumblebee chuckled. "However, you really should watch where you're going in the future."

"I'll try to keep that in mind. Anyway, what are you doing here? I thought you lived on Earth now?"

"I do, sort of. Just visiting for a bit. I'd like to stay longer, but unfortunately I still don't trust leaving my team alone with each other for an extended period of time."

"Afraid they can't handle things without you?"

"More like I'm afraid of them trying to kill each other while I have my back turned. I swear, Knockout, they drive me absolutely insane!"

"Sounds like a handful."

"Ugh! You have no idea!"

Knockout got a good laugh out of that. Once he recovered, though, he noticed that Bumblebee's smile fell a little, and his optics were alight with concern.

"Knockout, are you okay?"

The red mech's initial thought was to lie, but instead, he relented to venting out his frustrations.

---

Both mechs were tired by the time they arrived at Knockout's apartment, one more so than the other. Knockout retrieved the items from his subspace, placed them on a table, then collapsed on his berth.

"Well?" Knockout asked, readjusting himself into a sitting position. "You think I have a screw loose or something?"

Bumblebee hesitated for a minute before answering.

"Well, I wouldn't exactly say screw loose..."

"But you still think it's a far-fetched idea."

"I mean... Yeah, kind of..."

Knockout sighed as his gaze fell to the floor.

"Knockout, I'm sorry, but it's just that others have tried to make what you're suggesting a reality. Honestly, it's kind of an impossible idea."

"Improbable."

"Huh?"

"Improbable," Knockout countered, raising his optics to look at Bumblebee. "Just because something seems impossible, doesn't mean it is impossible. It just means that it'd be extremely difficult for said thing to happen. Ergo, the outcome of the idea, regardless of how good or bad it is, is an improbable one, not an impossible one. Does that make sense?"

"Yes, it does. Listen, Knockout, I'm not saying that it's impossible per-se for what you're thinking of trying to do to actually happen, but it is highly unlikely that the Council will allow there to be the existence of Decepticon Island."

Bumblebee joined Knockout on his berth and put a comforting arm around the red mech.

"I'm not saying this to dissuade you. I just want to make sure you know what you're up against, if you still want to go through with it."

"I know you do, and thanks," Knockout replied. "I just want to do something that matters. I've already tried it with the Autobots, and I'm sure you've seen how well that's going over."

"Not good?"

"I mean, it could be better, but what're you gonna do?"

.

.

.

.

.

"Knockout?"

"Hm?"

"What makes you think you're better off trying your luck with Decepticons?"

"Honestly, Bee, I have no idea. I guess I just, I don't know, have a feeling?"

.

.

.

.

.

"I'll help."

"Come again?"

"I said I'll help you," Bumblebee repeated.

"Are you serious?" Knockout exclaimed, nearly falling off the berth.

"Whoa, calm down, Knockout!" Bumblebee exclaimed, instinctually lunging forward and catching the red medic before he hurt himself. "Ratchet will kill me if I let you get a concussion on my watch!"

"Sorry! I'm just... It's just you... Seriously?"

"Yes, I'm serious! Mainly because I don't want you attempting something like this on your own."

"So you think it's possible?"

"It's a long shot, but just because it seems impossible, doesn't mean it is impossible."

"And that sounds logical to you?"

"Hey, now don't go turning into Shockwave on me, Knockout!"

"Wouldn't dream of it!"

Knockout and Bumblebee laughed.

"Well, I'll make arrangements with the Council and see if we can't get an audience with them as soon as possible," Bumblebee said as he rose from Knockout's berth and headed for the door. "If we're lucky, we can go in tomorrow."

"Sounds go... Oh, scrap!" Knockout cursed, smacking his forehelm.

"What is it?"

"I forgot, I have something to attend to tomorrow."

"Can't you just reschedule or something?"

"Ha! I wish!"

"Oh. Important medical work, huh?"

"And more. Trust me, I would rather face the Council than go to that appointment tomorrow."

". . . For where you need to be, is it at any specific time?" Bumblebee asked.

"No," Knockout answered, forming his servo into a fist and resting his chin on top of it. "Why?"

"If I can get us in early enough, that should leave you plenty of time to go and take care of what you need to later. Assuming your thing doesn't require a lot of time?"

"It doesn't, thank the Allspark."

"All right, then. Sounds like we've got a plan!"