45. Christmas in Miami

" Yes," Grace answered, putting her phone on speaker and setting it onto the marble bathroom counter top. She dipped her powder puff into her finely milled translucent face powder, patting the center of her forehead with it.

" You almost done?" Joseph asked, his deep raspy voice seeping from the phone speaker.

" Please don't rush me," Grace said as she added a couple last touches to her makeup.

She stepped back from the mirror turning her head slightly to the left and right as she looked at her face.

" I'm not— but hurry up,"

Grace made a stale expression staring at the phone as if he could see her.

" You're going to irritate me,"

Joseph chuckled. " I got a surprise for you so come on," He said before disconnecting the call.

Grace hated being rushed. It made her not even want to leave, and Joseph knew better by now not to mess with her while she's getting ready unless he wanted to deal with her attitude all night. Closing up her makeup bag, she sauntered into their bedroom and put on her heels and grabbed her white mink fur Chanel bag off the bed, flicking the lights out on her way out. Her sparkly Rene Caovilla heels made a clicking sound against the marble floor as she carefully made her way down the grand staircase in the foyer of their mansion.

Grace received a text from Joseph just as she reached the bottom step prompting her to pause and look at her phone.

Out back— Joseph

Grace furrowed her brows before following his directive. The sun was just beginning to set casting a beautiful, vibrant pinkish-orange glow through the massive open windows of the main level of their home.

" Merry Christmas!" Joseph shouted from where he stood on the deck of a small fifty foot yacht. He was dressed in a suit per usual with the first two buttons of his button down undone, exposing his toned tattooed chest underneath holding his arms out. The thick diamond chains layered around his neck catching the sun set, dazzling brightly.

Grace stopped in the doorway taken by surprise and immediately began to laugh in dismay.

" I got you a boat!" He shouted.

" Joseph— what the heck," Grace laughed, feeling her cheeks heat up and flush a rosy tone of red as she made her way to the boat dock.

" I got you a boat for Christmas," Joseph smiled proudly, exiting the water craft. " And I named it after you,"

Graces cheeks began to hurt from smiling so hard noticing the big "GRACE" on the side of the shiny yacht.

" Are you crazy!?" Grace asked, still laughing in shock.

He looked at the boat and back at her. " A little,"

She reached up grabbing both sides of his face and brought his head to her level, planting her gloss covered lips on his. He snaked the hand not holding his lit blunt around her thin waist and pulled her into him, deepening the kiss. Grace pulled away momentarily while still holding his face. Her hazel orbs oozing with love and adoration as her eyes pierced into his, an immense feeling of love happiness coming over her. It wasn't the fact he got her a boat, it was the fact he was crazy enough to do something like that for her— though certainly that wasn't the craziest thing he's done for her.

Joseph never let a day go by without showing Grace how sickeningly in love he is with her— still.

The love and feelings they have for one another are past the ability to describe comprehensively. It's infatuation at the highest degree, unhealthily— but in the best way possible.