Chapter 11 - Date A New Problems

Start from the beginning

"Yeah. She has motives one could empathize with, after all. I'd want to kill that fucker Wescott if he hurt any one of you, but to fuck over so many people? Not a chance. Not that I blame Mio, she just doesn't really know any better."

I can't really hate her, I suppose she really is a good villain.

"On a lighter note, Nia." I grab her attention.

"Yeah?"

"Wanna go hang out?"

Her eyes widen. "What, like a date?"

"If you want it to be one. I mean, you've been stuck inside for a few years, you deserve a day out."

"Hehehe." Nia chuckles. "You're smooth, boy." I just shrug and smile.

"Hey, if you're taking her on a date, you have to take me on one too!" Natsumi says, standing up and putting her hands on the table.

"Sure. If Nia agrees, I'll take her out today, and you tomorrow. Kurumi can be the next day, if she wants." I say, turning to Kurumi at the last bit.

"I'd like that." The time Spirit agrees.

"S-Sure." The short Spirit says, sitting back down, blushing.

"H-Hang on." Nia says, drawing our attention and... is she blushing? "I still haven't agreed on anything yet."

"Oh come on, Nia." I say getting up. "It's a beautiful day outside." I open the curtains covering the doors to the balcony. The view looking over most of Tengu City. "It's not gonna be to hot today, it's gonna be nice and sunny, not a cloud in the-" I cut myself off as I spot something. Something that really should not be there.

"Issei?" Natsumi asks, concerned.

"What the fuck is that?" I ask quietly, while looking up.

"What is what?" Kurumi asks, as the three girls walk over to me, and look outside.

"You don't see, or at the very least feel, that big-ass ball of Reiryoku floating above the city?"

"All I see is the sky. You aren't going crazy, are you boy?" The grey-haired Spirit asks.

"No it's..." I trail off, coming up with an idea, as I realize what that is. "Touch my hand for a sec."

"Why?" Natsumi asks.

"Just do it." I hold my hand out, as the girls place their hands on top of mine. I flow a bit of my Reiryoku into them. "I gave you all a bit of my energy. Now look up."

"How's that gonna- WHAT THE HELL?!" Nia shouts, guess she sees it.

"WHAT?!" Natsumi too.

"This is...?" Kurumi as well.

"That there is Kerubiel, and it should not be here." I say, all of us looking at the massive, translucent sphere of Reiryoku in the sky.

"Kerubiel?" The green-haired Spirit asks.

"System Kerubiel was created by Mio to judge one with a large amount of Reiryoku, or perhaps multiple Reiryoku sources, obviously Shido. It, along with it's 'host', Mayuri are summoned to judge. Afterwards, Mayuri and Kerubiel will cease to exist. Since it was created with Shido in mind, it probably can't be reactivated." I explain.

"Does Shido-san try to save this Mayuri girl?" Kurumi asks.

"Yeah. She was destined to disappear, but when she wanted to live, Kerubiel got pissed and attacked everyone. Mayuri let Shido seal her, but since she's made purely of Reiryoku, she still disappeared, though a bit of her remains within Shido. The thing is, Kerubiel isn't canon."