14

••word count - 1,200••

word count - 1,200

1985 July, 6th

"Dustin, be safe," I yell as he starts running into the fair with Mike and Lucas. I shake my head, heading inside myself.

I looked around trying to find Robin but I couldn't. I know she told me she would be here. My eyes scanned the crowd to see if they were near. After failing to find them, I made my way through the crowd as there were tons of people at the fair tonight.

They decided to keep it going after the fourth of July, and I was happy because I wasn't able to go yet. A sigh left my lips as I found a food truck.

I made my way over, getting some cotton candy and water. My feet led me over to an empty bench. It was behind this stage area. It was away from everyone and everything. I sat down and pressed the water to my lips.

Wind slightly hit my body, making a chill run through me. It was pretty humid outside, being July and all. I hope it doesn't rain.

"Hey stranger," I hear, making me turn my body around. I smile, seeing Eddie standing in front of me with a smirk.

"Hey, I didn't know you were coming here tonight

"Hey, I didn't know you were coming here tonight." He nodded and made his way over, sitting on top of the table. His feet rested on the area next to me while I turned to face him.

"Yeah, the boys and I are supposed to play soon." I turned to face him and smiled, "Really?".

He nodded, and I looked over, "Oh, sorry, am I intruding in the getting ready area?". Eddie chuckled, shaking his head. "No, darling, you're good."

I watched as his leg bounced up and down. He must be nervous. I knew he plays at the hideout on Tuesday but never here. I'm sure he plays great in public.

He broke the silence by poking me on my cheek, "you good there?". He continued to poke me as I started to laugh, "Yes, I'm good Eddie." He finally stopped, looking over at the stage again.