23

••word count - 1,782••

word count - 1,782

Explaining to a fifteen-year-old what is going on between you and his best friend is the most complicated thing I ever did.

The questions being asked and why? It was a whole thing the entire morning. Non-stop asking while trying to tell him not to tell anyone yet.

I think he likes the idea of whatever this is, but he was pretty upset we didn't tell him in the first place.

"I can't tell anyone yet?" he says as we push him the box of donuts we bought this morning. He would only accept our apology this way.

It was like dealing with two children this morning.

With Eddie's total fit of going out into the cold when it was absolutely freezing, we ended up going anyways after I kissed him on the lips a couple of times.

"Nope," I pressed the coffee cup to my lips as he talked to us. He bit into a chocolate donut before continuing his interrogation. "So how long has this been going on?".

I sigh, and Eddie taps his knuckles onto the counter, "oh, I don't know, maybe uh since June?". Dustin stares at us as the words come out of Eddie's mouth.

I tucked my bottom lip into my mouth as Dustin started to go off about everything

I tucked my bottom lip into my mouth as Dustin started to go off about everything. I couldn't help but laugh.

"JUNE? holy shit", he took his hat off, shaking his head. Eddie reached over, grabbing one of the donuts and taking a bit. I looked over at him, and he moved the food closer, making me take a tiny bit.

I bit into it, giving him a smile before turning back to my brother as he paced. "and no one else knows but me?". I nodded, "yes."

"Steve and Robin don't even know?" I shook my head, and he sat back down. "Whoa, they don't even know." I watched as he took a bit of his donut with a smile.

"and you don't tell," I say to the curly-haired boy sitting across from me. He shook his head and put his finger up. "But on one condition."

Eddie groaned, putting a hand on his face as my brother talked. "You teach me how to drive." I put my coffee down on the counter. "You want us to teach you how to drive?".