O N E

“I didn't ask for your help, I didn't ask to be saved. I didn't ask for a second chance”

•┈┈┈••✦ ♡ ✦••┈┈┈•

Denki kaminari sat in his room, writing in his diary,

Dear diary,

Today is the big day, I'm finally finding out my secondary gender. I bet I'll be an alpha and get all the girls only to reject them and marry my soul mate like in the movies. I know it's a movie but still I'm seven. Last week I found out I'm ̶d̶i̶s̶l̶e̶x̶i̶c ̶d̶y̶s̶l̶e̶c̶s̶i̶c dyslexic. Mommy said it means I ̶s̶t̶r̶u̶g̶l̶e struggle to read and spell in simpler terms. I don't get it, I read and spell good.

But mommy got me a cake so it's okie, mommy's ̶p̶e̶g̶n̶a̶n̶t pregnant. It means she's having a baby, so I'll be the best big bro eva. Well I gotta get dressed now, I'll tell you more in the car.

Denki grabbed his bag filled with things like; extra clothes, snacks, his passport, his Nintendo Switch and iPad, more clothes and his diary. It was a force of habit but he liked to be prepared for every situation he grabbed some pens before rushing out the door, messily tying his shoes while his father tied his mother's. He got into the back seat of their range Rover and buckled himself in.

•┈┈┈••✦ ♡ ✦••┈┈┈•

Izuku Midoriya, woke up and stretched before falling into his morning routine: shower, skincare, teeth, outfit, breakfast, games, katsuki's house.
He knocked the door of the bakugou mansion, he and Katsuki bakugou also known as 'kacchan' were best friends. A maid opened it, trembling slightly. "Oh it's you. The young master is in his room. " He looked her up and down noticing a explosion mark on her wrist, Izuku took her wrist in his hand and examined it. "Kacchan's in a bad mood again huh? Don't worry I'll sort it out, you should get that looked at, and that's an order. " she nodded before hurrying off.

He made his was upstairs to kacchan's room, hearing the sound of the shower turning off and after five minutes the blonde boy exited the shower. He had a black hoodie with a grenade on the front and on the back it said 'Katsuki' in cursive. "Kacchan." He looked at the boy and instantly knew what he was going to say, and instead of explaining he dramatically dropped on the bed "but deku it isn't my fault! She woke me up too early" Izuku sighed and grabbed his best friend by the wrist and started walking downstairs. "Let's just go to the park. Oh and I found out I'm an Alpha"

Izuku had found out his secondary gender later than he should have because he managed to get himself sick after coming home from a field trip. Both boys grabbed their skateboards and rode down the streets. Once they got to the park they split up, the blonde going to buy ice cream and the greenette going towards a fragile looking boy. Who was covered in ash, and had fat tears running down his face. "Hey.. Are you okay..? "

•┈┈┈••✦ ♡ ✦••┈┈┈•

Denki and his parents drove back home in an awkward silence, they had found out the boy was an omega. His parents of course didn't mind but they were most definitely shocked. With his quirk they expected him to be at least a beta. His mother smelt the distress in the car that was released from her pup and mate causing her to let out a wave of calming pheromones . The tension from both her mate and pup disappearing. "Mommy.. Can I be a hero?" The pregnant woman's face twisted into one of pity and guilt "I'm sorry denki" she looked at her son through the rear-view mirror, his teary heartbroken expression only making it worse.

The rest of the ride was silence, and when they arrived home his parents went inside. Denki stayed outside, playing with his ball, his mother's words played in his head on loop. He stopped moving and sat on the concrete, his ball forgotten. But inside something worse was going on, the pregnant beta stood in the kitchen - making dinner for her family when her mate walked in. "What the fuck was that?! You broke his heart! " his alpha instincts were running wild, his head was going in crazy, on one hand she was his mate and he should trust her but on the other hand he hurt his pup. Even if it wasn't physically it still happened.

"Omega's can't be hero's! They're fragile and if something happened to him.. I could never forgive myself! " she yelled, her quirk activating and sending shocks to the kitchen appliances around her, causing them to start to heat up. "THAT WAS HIS DREAM. YOU'RE HIS MOTHER, YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND AND GUIDE HIM!" A small cloud formed over his head, lightning and rain cackling and spreading over the kitchen. They didn't know when it happened, but somewhere during their fighting their quirks started affecting the kitchen. And slowly but surely, flames started to light. At first it spread slowly, until it got to the stove. The gas that had been releasing for ten minutes caused a mini explosion.

Denki had heard the explosion and ran inside, only to see fire everywhere and no sign of his parents. And he did what any child would, he backed away before screaming his lungs out for help. Neighbours started coming over and called for help. But when they arrived it was all to late. Aizawa shota also known as Erasurehead walked up to the child and knelt before him "kid.. They're gone. And I know you may not want this but you'll have to go to an orphanage or with a relative-" he didn't need to hear anymore, denki grabbed his bag and ran. He ran until his legs buckled, he ran until his lungs burned, he ran until his head throbbed, he ran till he couldn't run no more. He sat down in the empty park, crying his eyes out.

Two kids came skating to the park, he tried to stop crying so they wouldn't notice him. But he failed. A green haired boy came over to him, he spoke in a soft voice. "Hey... Are you okay..?" Denki kept his head down, and clutched his bag tight. The thick smell of distress suffocating the boy in front of him, "you're an omega right? I'm an alpha. I won't hurt you. " he said, he let out weak calming pheromones that slowly got thicker. The blonde slowly relaxing before passing out from exhaustion.

Izuku Midoriya made a promise that day.

'I will protect you, I promise.'

•┈┈┈••✦ ♡ ✦••┈┈┈•

CHAPTER ONE:

THE PROMISE

PUBLISHED: 19/08/22

SUMMARY: DENKI GOES TO FIND OUT HIS SECONDARY GENDER ONLY TO FIND OUT HE IS AN OMEGA. HIS MOTHER TELLS HIM HE CAN'T BE A HERO, IN THEORY BREAKING HIS SPIRIT. WHILE HIS MOTHER AND FATHER ARGUE, THEIR QUIRKS EFFECT THE KITCHEN CAUSING A FIRE. HIS MOTHER HAND BEEN COOKING BUT HAD STOPPED WHEN HER MATE STARTED ARGUING WITH HER - ACCIDENTALLY LEAVING THE GAS ON SO WHEN THE FIRE STARTED IT CAUSED A GAS EXPLOSION. WHEN DENKI WAS TOLD HE WOULD HAVE TO GO TO AN ORPHANAGE HE GOT SCARED AND RAN. MEETING IZUKU WHO HAD CAME WITH KATSUKI.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS, IT IS TECHNICALLY A REWRITE BUT I PREFER TO SEE IT AS A PROFESSIONAL AND OFFICIAL VERSION WHILE THE OTHER IS MORE A CRACKFIC FROM WHEN I FIRST STARTED WRITING. I HAVE CHANGED DENKI'S PAST AND HOW THEY MEET CAUSE IT THINK THIS IS CUTER IN MY OPINION. SOME SHIPS MAY CHANGE. I LOVE TO HEAR YOUR FEEDBACK, CHAPTERS WILL BE MORE LENGTHY. I'LL TRY TO ADD MORE REALISTIC PROBLEMS LIKE PTSD. THERE WILL BE TRIGGAR WARNINGS.
I MIGHT CHANGE DEKU'S QUIRK CAUSE LIKE HE WAS SO OP IT WAS KINDA HARD TO WRITE FOR HIM. THANKS FOR READING. IT'S ALSO MY BIRTHDAY TODAY AND THE 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FOR THE CRACKFIC VERSION.

WORD COUNT: 1327

EDITED: 20/09/22