5. I KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

DAKALO

The house is buzzing on Saturday morning. We are all up and about helping around for today's lunch with the family. Mom had even opted to confiscate Nduvho and Rinae's phones so they can be more helpful.

I'm with my dad and uncle Gift  setting up the sound system outside. Well my dad is just giving instructions while my uncle and I do the work.

"Are the twins coming?" My dad asks uncle Gift.

"Yes, I'm going to pick them up later. I also want to introduce you guys to someone today."

"Again?" My dad asks and I unexpectedly laugh, earning a side eye from my uncle.

"This time it's real."

"That's what you said two months ago."

"And it didn't work out. Instead of judging me, you should be proud of me for not staying in toxic relationships." He says and renders my dad speechless.

"What about you?" Uncle Gift asks me.

"Me?"

"Yes, you. When are you going to introduce your special someone?"

"I don't have a special someone." I brush him off.

"What happened to that Mwelase girl? What was her name again?"

"Sindi, it didn't work out." I don't bother going into details.

"Hmm I see... What happened?"

"Nothing worth talking about. We just didn't work out. " I focus my attention back to the sound system, no way am I going to stand here and tell my dad and uncle about how I got cheated on. It's not happening.

"She double crossed you, didn't she?", he presses on and I avoid eye contact.

"You can tell me-"

"That's enough Gift." Dad intervenes.

"Oh so it's okay if he's breaking up with someone but when I do it's a problem?"

"He's not introducing a different woman every five minutes."

"You and Given chose to tie yourselves down. I had to take one for the team and be a rolling stone." He says looking very proud of himself and dad remains defeated.

This has always been uncle Gift. He has four kids with three different women. Two of them are in Venda while the twins are this side. The women he tends to get with? Let's just say Sindi has nothing on them.

We finish setting up and the music starts. Then we find other things to help with, with my dad still being the one giving out instructions. Later Uncle Gift leaves to go fetch his kids and the new girlfriend.

Uncle Melokuhle is the first to arrive with his wife and son and mom's mood picks up really fast when she sees them.

"Are we early?" he asks while hugging her.

"No, you're right on time." She answers while moving to hug aunt Khanyi then she picks up my little cousin.

"Yhu! Thank goodness for these gatherings or I wouldn't get to see you at all. "

"Yah hey, it's been quite busy." Uncle Melo says.

"Look at how big my baby has grown." she says playing with her nephew.

The greetings go on and it gets a little louder with everyone catching up

Uncle Given follows with his wife and their two daughters then the star of the family. Aunt Gwen.