Chapter 10 - Surprise!

Start from the beginning

******

- Daddy?

- Violetta, my love! How are you? - My dad greets me.

- I am fantastic! You know what happened? - I ask, excitedly.

- Don’t you tell me you passed? - I can feel him smiling.

- Yes, I did! - I shout.

- Oh, congratulations, my dear! Today I will get out here today so we can go out for dinner. - He suggests.

- Really, daddy? - I ask.

- Sure, honey! Get pretty! - He giggles.

- Okay! See you later!

- See you later, Vilu!

I smile widely, thinking about how my dad changed in all this time. It is really good that he became a better person, not so overprotective and too caring. This is so much better.

I put down my phone and reach my diary.

Dear mommy

Finally the Studio results came out… I DID IT! I am officially a Studio’s student! Oh, this so good! Pablo asked to sing in front of the class - I was shaking - but I went up on stage and sang the better I could. It was magical to sing in front of all those people and try to transmit a message with the voice! I want you so bad here to share all of this with you!

Oh, and dad told me he is going to leave work earlier to go to a restaurant tonight! I can’t wait! I love daddy so much, he has became so less protective, so less obsessed with my well-being… It’s fantastic to have some more freedom!

Life here is becoming so much better! I can’t be happier!

Love you, Violetta

I listen to some music, laid on my bed, and, for my surprise, time flied. I glance at my phone and it's time to get ready. I choose a knee flowered dress with a white belt with a little bow tie, from the same colour. I picked up my lovely black platforms, yes, they’re a bit high, that’s why I only use them in special occasions! I put on my gold chain necklace, given by my dad and a gold bracelet, which was my mother’s. I look at it and fake a smile, thinking about what it means. I apply foundation, soft white eyeshadow, black eyeliner, lots of mascara (of course) and a discreet pink lipstick. I curl my hair, carefully and put on my favorite perfume. I put my phone and wallet in a bag and leave my room.

As I walk downstairs, I see my dad waiting, with a proud smile on his face. He hugs me and says:

- You look just as beautiful as your mother.

I hold him tighter because he gets really touched when he talks about mom. For heaven sake, I get emotional when I talk about her, never mind him! He quickly breaks the hug.

- Well, we aren’t going alone. – He announces.

- With who are going with? – I start to get curious.

- You’ll discover soon, sweetie.

- Oh, come on, dad! – I protest, because I hate mysteries.

- No way! – He refuses to answer, smiling.

- Fine! I’ll go to the kitchen get a glass of water. – I walk away.

When I come back, I hear a familiar voice coming from the living room. It’s León. Is it really possible that my dad invited him? I go to them and all I can say is that he is breathless in suit. I have to admit he is hot like that. Although, his expression seems the same, he also looks to like what he sees.