The Hippogriff incident.

꒒ ꒩ ꒦ ꒰

꒒ ꒩ ꒦ ꒰
. · . · . · . · . · . · . · . · . · . · . · . · . · . · . · . · . · . ·

   "So, this is the infamous monster book?" Asked Love as the three Ravenclaws made their way down the sloping lawns to the edge of the Forbidden Forest where Hagrid's hut was.

"It is, I, in all my monstery glory." Padma grabbed the rope-bound, fluffy-looking book and shook it as if it was the one talking, making the book growl at the sudden movement.

"Monstery is not a world, and for Merlin's sake, would you stop shaking it before you lose a hand." Emma sends her a warning look.

"Kill joy."

Padma rolled her eyes and passed the book back to Love who examined it further, the four eyes were closed as if it was resting, it had weird fangs hanging from the edges of the book, which could probably cause plenty of damage giving the opportunity, and the mouth was the biting the pages of the book, function as a lock.

"What a funny-looking book." She mumbled. Had she been clueless about the reputation of the book, Love would have to try to open it as any other book but now, it was obvious that it wouldn't work for this book.  "Any clues on how to open it?" 

"I know how to," Emma exclaimed, earning the girl's attention. "Well, given that it's a book with... living characteristics, I suspect they don't appreciate it if you just open them rudely, like any other animal, they can feel, so you need to sweeten them Into opening."

Love hums tilting her head, and looking down at the sleeping book. "Makes sense."

"It does but how do we sweeten them, Mr Wonka?" Padma said, turning to look at Emma, arms crossed.

He rolled his eyes. "How do you get a cat to purr?"

"Are you telling me I need to pet that demon book?" Padma scoffed in disbelief.

"Stroke it." Love and Emma said in unison.

Love turns to Emma quickly "Jinx."

"Shit." Emma groaned, he had only said the first two syllables of the word.

"You owe me a chocolate frog."

"Yeah, yeah," He waved his hand dismissively. "I'll buy you one once we're in Hogsmeade."

They arrived at the hut, where several other students were already there, like Lavender and Parvati who waved at them and Hagrid who was waiting for his class at the door, waiting impatiently for the rest of the class, with his dog, Fang, at his feet.

"Reckons he's going to be a good Professor?" Asked Padma, gazing at the half-giant.

"He is resourceful." Love said, nodding her head with confidence and giving her answers. "And well educated in the care of creatures, as we all know."