Chapter 9: The Bloody Halloween

Start from the beginning

"You're not wrong though..." Keisuke muttered, furrowing his eyebrows a bit.

After that, for a moment a comfortable silence fell between the two of us before I spoke up again.

"You know, Manjiro assigned Takemichi to bring you back to Toman..." I mumbled out and this caused Keisuke to raise an eyebrow at me. "Did Takemichi say anything to you today?"

"Now that I think about it... that twerp did say something really weird..." he trailed off in a daze and I gave him a confused look. "He said - Please make it through tomorrow alive. Please don't die. Because Nana-chan and Mikey-kun will be really sad... something like that."

First Ken-chan and now Keisuke... that's weird... Why does it feel like Takemichi always knows that something bad is going to happen to one of us... Like at first, he was against the whole idea of going into a conflict with Moebius... I remember Takemichi acting really strange when I asked him why we can't fight them... Then he was hellbound to keep Ken-chan protected from Kiyomasa during the August 3rd fight... And now he's saying this to Keisuke... as if he knows that something bad's gonna happen to Keisuke tomorrow... If that's what it is, then I'll definitely keep an extra eye on Keisuke tomorrow... just in case nothing bad happens to him...

"So what's your plan tomorrow?" I asked and Keisuke looked over at me again.

"Kill Kisaki." he replied in a firm tone.

"You can't be serious now." I stated, raising an eyebrow.

"I am serious, Nana." he huffed and I rolled my eyes at him.

"You'll go to jail if you literally kill Kisaki, you moron. And this will make Ryoko-san cry again." I pointed out before noticing how Keisuke's eyes softened at the sight of me.

"And you'll not?" he asked and I gave him a confused look. "You'll not cry for me if I go to jail?"

"No. Why would I cry for you? My tears are too precious to get wasted like that." I responded back sassily, causing Keisuke to let out an amused chuckle before he leaned to my side and rested his head on my shoulder.

"And here I thought you'll shade your tears for me, even if it's just a single drop." he sighed in a dramatic way, slightly shaking his head and my eyes immediately softened at his words.

I can burn down the whole world for you, Keisuke... You're just that precious to me... Even I don't know myself what I'll do if something bad happens to you... So tomorrow Keisuke... better not die on me, my beloved arsonist...

October 31st, 2005; The Bloody Halloween

Looking around at my surrounding, I noticed the abandoned car lot was crowded with delinquents from all over the city, all here to watch the fight between Toman and Valhalla from the sidelines and this was because they were all aware that the winner of today's fight would be one step closer to running Tokyo. While my gang was getting ready to step onto the battlefield through the front entrance, I carefully made my way toward the viewing gallery (a mountain/pile of broken-abandoned cars) where the spectators were at. When I reached my destination, I noticed two familiar faces sitting on the rooftop of a broken car with bored looks on their faces.

"Didn't expect you morons to be here as well..." I called out in a sassy tone causing those two familiar faces to turn around and look at me. "Could have given me a call at the very least if you guys were dropping by."

"Nana..." the one with two pigtail braids, colored blonde-black, acknowledged my presence first with a crooked smirk on his face.

"It's been a while, pipsqueak." the other one with neckline-length blond-blue hair wearing glasses greeted me in a monotone yet taunting voice, and hearing his tone had me the urge to smack him right in the face.