Chapter 33: Sins of the Sister

Start from the beginning

The girl started tearing up and instinctively clung to the man as she let her tears out. The man picked her up and let her cry in his chest as he stood up.

Footsteps rushed towards the man and the girl. The group of boys had returned, and they had brought a group of burly men with them. The men were either armed with steel gauntlets or clubs or knives.

"That's him! That's the guy!"

"Hey! What makes you think you can just walk on our turf like you own the place?"

"What makes you think you can hurt a poor little girl just because she can't see?" The man retorted.

"I don't think you know where you are aristo-cunt..."

"Oh...such a foul mouth. No wonder your boys have no manners."

The man's hand started emanating black smoke and his eyes turned red.

"What's going on? Are they going to hurt us?" the girl asked in panic.

"Shh...don't worry." The man said, "I said I wouldn't let anyone else hurt you again, didn't I?"

The tendrils that whipped out from the man's hands slit the throats of the men and the boys. It wouldn't do the poor girl good to hear their screams...

***

Reighland rushed to meet Mr. Magician when she heard him returning. She ran past Empress and Temperance, quickly greeting them as she ran.

When Reighland found him, she noticed there was a girl about her age standing next to him and clinging to his leg. In a way, she reminded her of when she first met Magician.

"Mr. Magician, who is that? And why does she have something on her eyes?" Reighland asked in her childlike innocence.

"Be nice, Reighland." Magician responded. He turned to the girl clinging to his leg, "Go, on. Why don't you tell her your name?"

"J-Judith..." The little girl said shyly.

"Reighland, this is Judith. She can't see, so you have to help her when she needs it, do you understand? You'll stay with her at all times unless another member or myself says otherwise." Magician instructed.

"Yes, Mr. Magician." Reighland responded.

"In a sense, this is your new sister." Magician coaxed Judith forward to Reighland.

Reighland grabbed Judith's hand, which surprised the blind girl, "I hope we get to be good sisters!" Reighland said with a cheery smile. She was quite excited to have someone her age to play with.

For the first time in her life, Judith smiled too.

Opening Theme:

Reighland and Justice locked swords as they stared into each other's hateful stares. Even though Justice couldn't see, Reighland could feel her burning gaze.

As they broke out of the lock, they stared at each other once again.

"Judith, I'm telling you again, we don't have to fight!" Reighland called out, "We shouldn't!"

Justice sighed as she lowered her sword and a mark appeared on her chest, "Yes we do...Do you have any idea what I'm enduring on a daily basis? Because of you, Magician has been keeping a tighter leash on all of us! This mark on my chest is a kill seal. If I disobey him, he'll kill me..."