14

Leonelle Moreau

"...and then-hi there." I cut myself off from telling Mick how my winter break went since we didn't really find each other around the paddock the past weekends. A beautiful girl that looked around four-to-five years old stood before us. She looked a bit familiar to me.

"Hi." She murmured back, playing with the hem of her baby blue shirt.

I turned to look to Mick with a low-key panicking look, not knowing what we should do. "She looks like you?" Mick said lowly, his eyes drifting from me to the pretty little girl.

"What?" I asked, frowning.

He nodded to himself. "Mini you." He confirmed his words to himself as I dismissed his words and crouched down in front of the girl.

"Are you lost? Where's your mommy or daddy?" I asked softly, tucking a strand of hair behind her are.

Her eyes seemed to light up. "Oui, maman Cécile. Je ne sais pas où elle est. [Yes, momma Cecile. I don't know where she is.]" She whispered lowly like it was a secret.

I turned to Mick. "She's lost." I pursed my lips, turning my attention away from his blue eyes to the girl's green ones. "Nous vous aiderons à la retrouver. Je suis Elle et c'est Mick. [We'll help you find her. I'm Elle and that's Mick.]" I pointed towards him as he waved slightly at her and she waved back. "Quel est ton nom? [What's your name?]" I asked her, picking her up and placing her on my hip.

"Soléa." She answered, a beautiful smile taking over her features.

Oh, Lord.

"Oh, c'est un très joli nom. [Oh, that's a very pretty name.]" I complimented her as we continued walking in search of Cecile, Soléa's mom.

I turned to Mick once again. "So, back to what we were saying. Basically, I stayed in Paris till I went to Bahrain, so it was very boring." I shrugged one shoulder of mine as he nodded.

"I'll take you with me next time." He smiled, tucking his hands away in his jean pockets.

"I'll pass." I shook my head vigorously as he laughed at me, already knowing of my fear of dogs since long ago.

"Oh, c'mon! Ange is a literal angel. Even Lan likes her." He protested while I stood my ground.

"Dogs were, are and always will be scary to me, Mick. Don't even try." I sighed, looking around at the people. "Tu vois ta mère quelque part, chérie? [Do you see your mom somewhere, honey?]" I asked Soléa, readjusting her body so she wouldn't slip from my hold.

She did indeed look a lot like me as Mick had said. Same eyes, nose, lips and she even had freckles, too. What a coincidence.

"Maman Cecile!" She screamed, trying to break free. I put her down and she ran towards a slightly taller woman with short brown her. She kneeled down and accepted the hug from Soléa. "This is where it gets awkward." I whispered to Mick, watching as the Soléa told her mother about what had happened and pointing towards us.

Mick chuckled from beside me before looking down at his watch and holding a surprised look on his face. "Oh, shit, I completely forgot that I had a meeting now. I gotta go." He said, not sounding one bit apologetic.

"Oh, no, you don't." I grabbed the back of his shirt before he could get far and pulled him back to where he was. "We went into this together, then we go out together."

"I was dragged-"

"I really don't know how to thank you enough for getting Solly back." The lady said, an obvious French accent slipping with every word she said.