13

Leonelle Moreau

(Possible spoilers for Sweet Girl)

It was a comfortable and peaceful atmosphere. Just what I needed at the moment.

Charles had changed into different sweats and a hoodie than the ones I last saw him in and was sitting casually a bit further away from me while I was tucked under my blanket, rewatching what I had already watched with my hair in a single French braid that went down till mid-back.

"As-tu aimé le chocolat chaud? [Did you like the hot chocolate?]" I questioned, watching as he placed the empty mug on the coffee table while I still held mine with a few more sips to go.

"Ouais, c'était délicieux. [Yeah, it was delicious.]" He nodded at me with a grateful smile while I sent him a smile back.

"Attends quoi?! [Wait, what?!]" I yelled at the T.V, not expecting the ending. "C'est elle qui a fait tout ça? Et Jason Momoa est mort? Pourquoi? [She's been the one doing all that? And Jason Momoa died? Why?]" I placed my hand over my mouth in shock as I watched the little girl redoing all the scenes in the movie.

Charles was trying not to laugh at my reaction as much as he could, but I couldn't care less about that now. I was being fooled through the whole goddamn movie, for God's sake.

"Non, ils plaisantent. S'il te plaît, dites-moi qu'ils plaisantent. Oh mon Dieu, je peux pas y croire. [No, they're kidding. Please, tell m they're kidding. Oh my God, I can't believe this.]" I cried out, laying my head back and covering my face with my hands.

"C'est bon. Au moins, elle est en sécurité maintenant. [It's okay. At least she's safe now.]" Charles tried to soothe me, but couldn't hide his laughter anymore.

"C'est tellement pas bon. J'suis pas bon. Rien est bon. [This is so not okay. I'm not okay. Nothing's okay.]" I whispered, shaking my head in devastation.

"Aw, viens ici. [Aw, come here.]" He cooed, opening his arms wide for me as I accepted his embrace and let my head rest against his chest while I wrapped my arms around his slim waist. "Meilleure? [Better?]" He questioned softly and I felt myself blush, realizing what's going on a bit too late. Where has my mind gone? The man is basically going through a break-up and here I am, laying in his arms after I promised my best friend that there was nothing going on...but this could still be a friendly hug, right? If we wanted it to be, it will.

I nodded in reply to his question and as I went to tug myself out, he held on tighter, forcing me to stay in place. "Et si on allait un peu à la plage? [How about we go to the beach for a bit?]" He suggested, looking down at me.

"Allons-y." I stood up, finally able to breath normally and headed towards the door. I turned the knob, pulling at the door and welcoming the breeze as I inhaled the scent in.

A surge of playfulness surged through my as I gave Charles a sly look. "Tu es un mauvais perdant, non? [You're a sore loser, no?]" I asked, slowly pushing my socks off then my pants down and kicking them off.

His eyes squinted in suspicion at me as I slipped my shirt off and stood in a matching pair of black underwear and a bra. "Que fais-tu? [What are you doing?]" He asked, keeping his eyes on mine.

"Voir à quel point tu es un mauvais perdant. [Seeing how much of a sore loser you are.]" I winked at him before I took off in a sprint towards the soft waves.

"Oh, mamma mia." I heard him mumble as I laughed. racing towards the water. "C'est injuste! [This is unfair!]" He shouted as I turned to face him while pausing my sprint and raising my hand up in surrender.

I watched as he took off his hoodie, revealing his defined torso. He threw it on the pile of clothes that I left and pushed his sweats down, that's were I drifted my attention somehwere else or I would be considered an official pervert. I wasn't. He was just too hot. And sweet. And caring. And genuine. He was many things. Many amazing things.