Chapter Two

Really sick, so this won't be really good, but I wanted to give you all an update. It's probably going to be short, though. Sorry!

"Wait, you're blind?" Niall asked, surprised.

"Yep!" I answere cheerily. "Since I was ten."

"Are we being punk'd or something?" Louis exclaimed, looking around the room for hidden cameras. 

I laughed. "No. I really am blind! And don't even think about treating me differently because of that."

"Some people would want to be treated special. Why don't you?" Liam asked curiously.

"Easy. I don't think of it as a disability. I think of it as more of a unique challenge. It certainly makes life different," I explained, pulling my hair over my shoulder.

"Wow," Zayn said. "So, how do you tell us apart? Especially since you've never seen us."

"Well, when I lost my sight, my hearing got a lot better to make up for it. And I have what I like to call 'ear memory', which is if I hear a voice or sound, I can choose to keep it in my brain. I first heard you all on the radio, and I memorized the voices. Then, I listened to individual recording of your voices, and I know each of you by that now." 

"That is awesome!" Harry shouted. "Do you know what we all look like?"

"Yeah, I had Mandy describe you all to me. And I know that this sounds weird, but when I touch someone's face, I can get a visual picture in my mind. It's pretty cool."

"It is," Louis agreed. "So, what exactly do you like to do?"

"I love music. I play the piano and I sing a little, and I love soccer." Maria told them. "And I love animals. Esecially cats."

I could just picture her winking at Harry as she said that. "I like writing and music, too. Oh, and food." I don't tell anyone about me being a dancer, because they automatically judge me and usually start assuming I get special treatment because of my "condition". I didn't think any of the boys would judge me, but I have to know a person before I tell them.

"Food! My kind of girl," Niall smirked, slipping his arm around my waist to pull me closer to him.

"You wish, Niall," Harry laughed. "You know she loves the curls."

"Yeah, I can't see them, so they have no effect on me," I pointed out.

"I wish you could see Harry's face right now!" Louis gasped, laughing. "He's pouting!"

"Besides, I think Mandy likes the curls much more," Zayn said, and I heard Maria hit his arm.

"Shut up!" she hissed, and I knew she was blushing.

"Maybe you two should go talk about his curls and how much she loves them," Liam said. "Go talk."

"Come on, love. I'll show you around backstage and we can discuss the hair," Harry offered.

"Go, Mandy," I assured her. "I'll be fine."

They walked out and I leaned against Niall. "Comfy?" he asked, his breath tickling my neck.

"Yup!" I answered, putting my head on his shoulder.

"Liam Payne, don't you dare!" Niall suddenly shouted.

"What is he doing?" I questioned.

"Going to take a picture of us," he groaned.

"Louis made me!" he defended.

"I did no such thing! I am the oldest, therefore most mature of the group. I would never!" Louis gasped, pretending to be shocked.

"Both of you cut it out," Zayn ordered. "Liam, put the phone away, and Louis, I'll give you your phone back if you stop pestering Niall and Dani."