A day to remember

A bad morning.

That was what I had today. 

I couldn't stand the day. I felt every inch of me frustrated, yet I had to do what had to be done. It was inevitable.

Walking to my office, my phone vibrated in my pocket. I took it out and my eyes widened as I read the message from the notification bar.

Boss: The meeting is in 10 mins. Hurry up.

And I was still 30 minutes away from work. The only thing I could do best was to hail a cab, but I didn't have any chance of it so I decided to run.

As well as try rather than cry over the bad.

I ran as my eyes were trained on my phone, warily. Hoping that the boss doesn't call me this time.

However, it was a bad idea to look at my phone while running because I rammed into someone and fell in an instant.

"Damn it!" I heard the voice of the stranger that I just knocked on and turned around to look.

It was a woman. I picked myself up and inched near the stranger to help her. I rested my hand on her shoulder and apologized immediately.

"I'm so sorry! Are you okay?"

"I-I'm fine, "the woman replied.

But, something about her voice clicked inside me.

Her voice.

I had heard it before. Somewhere. It felt too familiar to my ears. I decided to shake off my thoughts for the moment as I helped the woman stand. She was too kind to let me help her. She grunted as she stood up and shook her head lightly.

Her face was covered with a black mask as she wore a Celine cap over her blonde short hair.

For some unknown reason, my heart raced inside. My inner side was urging me to look into that woman's eyes. She looked so similar to someone. Someone I knew all too well.

"Are you really okay? Should I help you to your place-"

"No, it's okay. You don't have to bother, "she said as she shook her hand in dismissal.

I cleared my throat as I stepped back and looked down at my feet. My eyes went to the black shades that were lying near my feet and I picked them up.

YSL. The brand name on the temple read.

"These are some cool shades, "I said as I turned them over in my hand and scanned it thoroughly.

"Thanks. My best friend gifted it to me, "she said and I looked up to respond.

But found myself speechless as I looked into her eyes. And I swore to god, I couldn't be mistaken about them. Ever.

"L-Lisa?" I blurted out but it came more like a croak.

Her eyes widened as she stared at me for a few seconds and then snatched her shades from my hands. She immediately turned around and started to walk away.

I couldn't be wrong. I just knew it in my gut. So, I did what I had to.

I ran behind her and grabbed her arm before she was too far out of reach. She struggled in my grip as she babbled out, "I-I'm not who you think. It's a misunderstanding!"

Misunderstanding?

"Then, why are you running?" I asked and that somehow made her stop altogether.

She turned around and gave me a look of vulnerability. I sighed and closed my eyes before replying, "Look, I'm not gonna hurt you or report you. I'm just... confused. What are you doing out here on the streets, Lisa?"