Spontaneous Musical Number

Start from the beginning

A message? Yeah, what a load of bollocks... there are much better ways to send a message than to make people sing about it.

"You're sure about this?"

"As much as I can be,"

I just didn't see it, but, Victoria knew magic, and if she was sure that a spell was causing the singing... then we were just going to have to find the bastard who cast it and get him to reverse the spell.

There was no way I could spend the rest of my life on edge not knowing if I could burst into song at any given moment. That was a nightmare I could really do without.

So, Victoria put her hand on the door and pushed it open just enough that we could see out. The room on the other side wasn't exactly a room at all. It was a church, with the rows and rows of wooden pews filled with people all dressed in suits and long dresses.

"It's a wedding," Victoria said "I wonder who is getting married?"

Huh, well, I had one idea... not that she was going to fucking like it.

"Well, you're the one wearing white," I pointed out, trying not to sound too smug "I doubt that you're just a guest."

"What? No!" Victoria replied angrily "No bloody way! I am not a... bride!" her face dropped as the reality set in.

This was real, it was happening, and if Victoria was right and this world was one where the apocalypse dosen't happen and Alec lives... then we were fucked. How the hell were we going to get out of this room without being seen?

Then I froze as I saw who was standing at the top of the aisle, dressed in the exact same suit as I was, his hair all slicked down and neatly trimmed. Alec. He looked so happy standing there that it took a moment for me to register what that meant.

"Well, at least we know who the groom is," I said to Victoria "Look who's waiting for you up there."

Victoria looked and then gasped "Alec," she said "Shit! Of course, it had to be... so you must be the best man."

Fuck. Of course, I was...

"We need to talk to him," I said "We need to know how they stopped the apocalypse here. That's assuming that we're not just too early and it hasn't happened yet."

Victoria nodded "Follow my lead," she said as she headed towards Alec.

We approached Alec and he turned to face us and a smile spread across his face as he saw us. Victoria wrapped her arms around his neck and leaned in for a kiss, and I looked away, trying hard not to watch them, but Alec turned away from her looking surprised.

"What are you doing, Vic?" he asked frowning "Did you, uh, sort out your speech?"

"What speech?"

"Well, best men usually do a speech," Alec replied "And seeing as you're the best woman I assumed you were going to say something. Tell a story about me and Kian as a couple. I know this is just the rehearsal, but, I just wanted to know if you had it ready?"

Victoria stood open mouthed for a moment. Shit. Well, one positive I could take was that me and Alec were together in this universe.

"Don't worry, we covered it," I said, breaking the tension "Alec, can we talk to you in private a moment?"

"Sure," he replied "Let's head out the back."

We followed Alec through the side door and out of the main room. The door led out into a small garden where a multi levelled terrace was set up with tables, presumably ready for the guests.

"Okay, what's going on?" Alec asked "Because something isn't right with you two. Come on, the apocalypse was stopped, Lucifer was sucked back down into hell... we deserve a moment to celebrate, right?"

If only we had it all figured out like that...

"Honestly, we are not the Kian and Victoria from this universe," I replied "And, where we come from the apocalypse is yet to happen."

Alec said nothing. Did he believe us? We probably sounded mad to him...

"We've been trying to find the one universe where the apocalypse is stopped and..."

"And, what?" Alec asked.

"And the universe where you don't either die, or cause the apocalypse to happen," Victoria replied "Seems like this world is the one we needed to find."

Alec laughed then, but it wasn't a happy laugh. It was cold, bitter. He looked over at me briefly and then sighed heavily.

"Okay," he said "Well, we might have stopped the apocalypse here, but doing that unleashed something far worse."