chpt 13.

Dear y/n,
I am so happy I met you. You were looking for books and ai paid for yours because I loved that you loved to read. It was just something about you that drew me in. You're funny. You're sweet. And somehow I still didn't have the balls to ask you to be my girlfriend. I really do love you. I love the way you laugh. I love the way you smile when you read a part of a book you like. I love the way you take in the sights of the city even though you know it like the back of your hand. I love the way you buy so many books you can't even read them all. I love you. I love you y/n. You know there's a word I learned called tsundoku. It's a Japanese word for acquiring too many books to ever read all of them. It reminds me of you. I'll miss you.

-Mason

I hold the note close to my chest as I sit in the Uber with Joseph. "Are you ok?" He asks. "Yup. Just fine." I say holding back tears. "Mason?" He asks. I nod a little and lean on his chest crying. "Hey it's ok. You'll see him again. Soulmates always meet up in the end." He says wiping my tears. I nod and smile a bit. Once we get to the airport he says his goodbyes and I start crying again. God. Question of the day. Am I actually sad or am I hormonal? Definitely both.