chpt 2.

"A random boy bought you a book?!" Joseph says excitedly. "Woah Woah Woah. Hold your horses, Joe. Why is this a good thing?" I ask so confusedly as to why Joseph is as happy as he is. "Because that means he thinks you're pretty, y/n!" Joseph explains. "Maybe you'll see him again. Did you catch his name?" "Oh my god, Joe no I didn't. He literally bought the book and left. It was nothing." I say rolling my eyes at his wild idea. "Yeah sure sounds like nothing to me," Joseph says sarcastically. "Shut up man," I say lightly slapping his arm.

                      ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
Once we arrive back at the apartment I run to my room to start reading. As soon as I open the book I notice a note scribbled on the receipt. It read:

"Hey. My name is Mason. Mason Thames and I just want to give you my number. Maybe we could call or something? You seem really cool, I'd like to get to know you.
xxx-xxx-xxxx"

Joe was right. "Joe!" I say running down the stairs. "What are you ok?!" He asks worriedly. "You were right! He wrote his number on the receipt. Should I text him? Or call him? What do I do?!" I ask frantically. "It's ok um. Text him and be like 'Hey it's me the girl from the bookstore. Wanna maybe call?' " Joseph says. "Um, or I could ignore him completely? I hate being the one to ask to call." I say groaning. "Nope Nope Nope. You are calling this boy whether you like it or not. Y/n he bought you a book. He surely can't be that bad." Joseph says pushing me into my room. "Don't come out till you've talked to him." He says through the door. I roll my eyes. Of course. Now I'm trapped. Joe is NOT going to let this go so I might as well give it a shot.

Y/n
hey, it's me, the girl from the book store.

Mason
Oh hey! I'm glad you texted.

Y/n
wanna call?

Mason
sure, why not?

Masonsure, why not?