Chapter Six:"...The Abyss Will Gaze Back Into You."

Rounding a corner she sees the back of the icburger, and starts off towards the back door. She jogs over to see that all windows are dark, the shades drawn and she can't see Wes or Mar anywhere. She slowly goes to the back door and tries it. The door opens and it is strangely quiet inside.

"I hope they didn't leave me, I wasn't gone for too long I hope." She thinks as she slowly and quietly goes in locking the door behind her. Her guns drawn, she crouches down, to not draw any attention. In the distance she can hear a hard packing sound and the sounds of what could be muffled screaming coming from the owner's room at the far end of the hall.

She keeps moving forward and comes to the freezer, It's slightly ajar. Suddenly she hears hard footsteps thudding out of the room in front of her, and without a second thought she dives into the freezer. She lands on something, it's soft and mushy. She looks to see she is laying in a pile of cut up bodies, the corpses all fresh and wet. She gags at the sight and has to stop herself from vomiting.

She can feel a scream building up within her chest, so she clamps her hand over her mouth to stop herself and silently screams to herself. The steps grow closer and closer, she quickly moves into the darkness of the back of the freezer, hiding behind a rack of shelves. The steps come closer, and stop at the opening to the freezer, then she hears him. The same disgusting voice of the cook that looked at her so lustfully.

"Ah I knew one day I'd get you for not letting me express my rights. I can tell anyone anything I want to now. God is punishing you heathens, using my righteous hand, he has been telling me to send you sinners to hell. Now that the world is ending he tells me to punish you and take what I want before the end."

Maddi hears the door to the freezer open, she pulls herself into more of a ball to keep from being seen. The cook throws something in and it thuds as it hits the pile. Then the cook closes the freezer door.

Maddi listens as she hears his footsteps recede; she slowly edges her way back towards the pile of bodies. She crawls up to find Katie, the nice waitress; her friend and she starts to cry.

"What did such a beautiful person like her deserve to die like this?" She thinks, while stroking the hair of her dead friend, tears fully streaming down her face, but a white hot burning sensation begins to flow through her body. It's the feeling of pure rage as the tears stop flowing, she pulls herself together.

Putting her friend's head gently on the freezer shelf.

"He'll pay, I promise." She gnarls. "Oh he will fucking pay."

She slowly makes her way out of the freezer listening to the muffled screaming which is now coming from a different person. She starts to edge her way towards the kitchen. As she makes it to the kitchen, she sees Mar bound, gagged, and blindfolded in the corner next to the oven. The muffled screaming continues, she moves slowly to Mar's side, Mar starts to struggle against her bounds and whimpers.

"Mar, It's me." She whispers, and Mar eases. Maddi sits Mar up, removing her blindfold as she does. Maddi puts her finger up to her mouth, to tell Mar to stay as quiet as possible. Then Maddi ungags her.

"What happened?" Maddi asks, as she starts to untie Mar.

"The cook, Maddi. He-He must have just snapped, when we came in he hit Wes over the head and knocked him out. Then made me tie him up and then the cook tied me up and took us here. Oh maddi there were two others, he tortured and killed them. Now he has Wes, we have to save him, Maddi, we have too." Mar whispers to Maddi, as a frantic anxiety comes over her voice.

As Maddi unties Mar' she notices that Mar has a bite mark on her shoulder.

"Are you ok, what happened?" she asks, pointing to the wound.