RA 14 - Cute

Never before had time passed more excruciatingly in the afternoon. Jiang Chijing was basically glancing at Zheng Mingyi every few minutes.

Zheng Mingyi was leisurely holding a comic book in his hands, reading it with relish, whereas Jiang Chijing could barely get himself to do anything at all, not even in the mood to open the surveillance he had on the recreation room.

The reason for this was simple. This was already the second time that he hadn't performed well, just like that time when Zheng Mingyi used his eyelashes as an excuse to tease him.

Zheng Mingyi could find the openings in his words with alacrity, but it took him a long time, only noticing during dinner that there was something wrong with Zheng Mingyi's words.

The annoyance he felt from this was way higher on the scale than losing an argument.

Time slowly trickled to two o'clock. The inmates in the library finally began to stream out. However, Zheng Mingyi appeared to be enraptured by the comic book he was reading. Though there was no one else in the library, he was still steadfastly planted in his seat by the windows.

"1017." Ultimately, Jiang Chijing was still the first to crack. "Are you coming over or not?"

Zheng Mingyi raised his head and looked at Jiang Chijing, the corners of his lips hooking in a subtle arc. He openly met Jiang Chijing's gaze. "Officer Jiang, your eyes are very intense when looking at me today."

"Are you hiding something from me?" Jiang Chijing didn't give any buffer and directly struck out first, not giving Zheng Mingyi any chance to ready himself.

This question obviously carried the intent to unearth answers, but in any case, Jiang Chijing wasn't expecting Zheng Mingyi to honestly own up to anything. He merely wanted to judge his reaction to it. But little did he expect that Zheng Mingyi would fall silent for a moment and deal him a curveball. "Yes."

"What?" Jiang Chijing unconsciously frowned, his nerves pulling tight.

Zheng Mingyi slowly opened his mouth, as if deliberately keeping him in suspense, waiting for a good while before finally saying, "I think you look very attractive in your uniform."

Just that?

Jiang Chijing froze for a split second then swiftly cottoned on to that Zheng Mingyi was teasing him. He suppressed the ire that rose in his heart, asking sternly, "Zheng Mingyi, do I look easy to bully?"

"Nope," Zheng Mingyi's attitude was sincere as he said, "I've seen how fierce you look when beating someone with a baton, how can I dare?"

But compared to the prowess Zheng Mingyi showed when beating someone up, Jiang Chijing practically paled into obscurity. He couldn't put a finger to it, but he kept feeling that Zheng Mingyi was repeatedly skipping back and forth across the line of bullying him.

"Say, Officer Jiang," Zheng Mingyi naturally changed the subject. "How did your date go?"

"It was okay," Jiang Chijing casually replied then immediately brought the subject back. "When you asked me before whether I was going into the city, how did you know that I don't live in the city?"

"Did I?" Zheng Mingyi asked without a flicker in this expression.

Jiang Chijing never expected that Zheng Mingyi would actually flat-out deny it. He could only blame himself for not catching it on the spot, or else Zheng Mingyi wouldn't even have the opportunity to play dumb.

"You did." Jiang Chijing glared at Zheng Mingyi, saying, "You asked me if I was going into the city to have fun."

"Oh, you mean that." Zheng Mingyi skillfully countered, "After you get off work, wouldn't that be going into the city?"