This was largely incongruent with what Jiang Chijing had guessed, for he had always assumed that Zheng Mingyi was a social elite or, at the very least, had a master's degree from one of those prestigious overseas universities.

"Why? Your ideal type?"

Luo Hai's voice suddenly came from overhead, disrupting Jiang Chijing's thoughts. He let go of the paper in his hand, glancing leisurely at Luo Hai, saying, "You're insulting me."

Jiang Chijing, who said this, had conveniently forgotten that at least up to today, he had been using Zheng Mingyi as the object of his fantasies for the better part of a year.

Luo Hai casually leaned on the perimeter set by the office desk, arms crossed in front of his chest, teasing, "Isn't that your ideal type? He's tall and handsome, just like me."

Jiang Chijing picked up the dossier and slapped Luo Hai's back with it. "Get lost."

Actually, Luo Hai wasn't lying. After all, he was Jiang Chijing's ex-boyfriend, who worked as a doctor in the infirmary opposite the library.

The two were introduced by a mutual friend but broke it off peacefully after two years together. It wasn't really a problem with either of them, merely that their personalities weren't very compatible.

The break-up was initiated by Jiang Chijing, who found that he and Luo Hai got along more like friends, lacking any of the passion that should be present between romantic partners.

More importantly, it was impossible for him to share his secret of voyeurism with Luo Hai, but what he wanted was an open and honest relationship.

Luo Hai readily agreed to the break-up when Jiang Chijng proposed it. According to him, he also felt that they were better off as friends.

After breaking up, they still kept in contact. It was precisely due to Luo Hai working in the prison that sparked the idea in Jiang Chijing that there could actually be a job perfectly suited to his hobby.

Putting down the dossier, Jiang Chijing leaned back into his office chair and continued the earlier topic, sighing deeply, "That man is a con."

If before, Jiang Chijing still held unease in his frame of mind towards Zheng Mingyi, then by now this unease would have vanished without a trace left behind.

A convict was, in the end, a convict. No matter how attractive he looked, Jiang Chijing wouldn't budge an inch.

"Yeah." The joking expression faded from Luo Hai's face, and he sighed shortly after. "He caused several broken families and deaths."

"Were there many?" Jiang Chijing didn't follow the case too closely and didn't understand the concrete details of it.

"Just his most recent stunt alone caused at least two people to jump off a building," Luo Hai said.

Jiang Chijing was long aware that playing with stocks came with its risks, so he never dabbled in it. But there were too many gamblers in the world who, even at the risk of losing their family fortune, wanted to gamble their future in the stock market.

"Many people in prison are probably disgruntled with him," Jiang Chijing said objectively.

A national-scale case like this would similarly also come to the attention of the inmates in prison. Since Zheng Mingyi's actions had sparked public outrage, there would certainly be inmates eager to right wrongs in accordance with Heaven's will.

"Oh, for sure." Luo Hai pushed up his glasses with his middle finger. "Shall we bet on how long it'll take for someone to mess him up?"

"A week," Jiang Chijing said.