gwen stacy | peter parker

"(y/n) why don't you just tell him!" (y/n)'s best friend gwen stacy yelled as the two walked back to her bourse for friday movie night

"gwen you don't understand. he does not like me, he likes you, i just know it." (y/n) cried in response. "i know what you're gonna say, 'oh, we're just friends' but he-"

"hey gwen!" a male voice stopped (y/n)'s sentence. unfortunately, it was the last voice she wanted to hear. "hey (y/n), mind if i borrow gwen for a few minutes? i promise i won't keep her long."

(y/n) nodded. she smiled weakly before looking at gwen.

"told you so." (y/n) muttered as she walked by. as much as it hurt (y/n) to know that peter parker was in love with her best friend, she tried not to let it show.

"(y/n) wait-" gwen called.

"i'll meet you at your house in an hour. i gotta go get my mom some groceries before i come over." she didn't let gwen finish, not wanting to hear what she had to say.

(y/n) was glad her best friend was making the effort, but it was obvious to everyone that gwen and peter were all over each other.

she was yanked out of her thoughts when she felt a hand on her shoulder. out of pure instinct, (y/n) turned and, while screaming for help, went for the groin. whomever tried to grab her hunched forward and (y/n) didn't wait around, she took off running.

but as soon as she did, a set of what felt like claws dug into her shoulders and pulled her off the ground.

"AHHHHHH!" her screaming intensified. "SOMEBODY HELP ME!"

people gasped and crowded around the tall building (y/n) was harshly dropped on after a few moments. she braced herself as she rolled a few feet across the roof, crying out as she heard a snap.

"(y/n)!" the unmistakable voice of gwen stacy shrieked at her, and (y/n) gasped as she realized that the one and only spider-man was webbing her best friend around. "are you hurt?"

spider-man dropped her a few inches above the ground and she landed gracefully, rushing to where (y/n) was. spider-man immediately began scouting out the rooftop for any sign of who had grabbed her.

"gwen? how are you-"

"i promise i'll explain everything later, but that's peter. peter is spider-man and we need to get you out of here now before the beak kills you." gwen looked around as spider-man, who apparently was their nerdy best friend, continued searching for whoever took her.

"what?" (y/n) began to hyperventilate. "peter? spider-man? i-i don't understand."

"(y/n)!" spider-man, or rather her best friend peter parker, cried out as he threw a web at her and pulled her too him. she crashed into his chest and he wrapped his arms around her.

it was only then that she noticed someone else on the roof, right behind where (y/n) had been dropped. no doubt they were trying to take her again, but upon seeing spider-man rescue her, whomever it was took off running, leaping off the side of the building and soaring into the air.