8: Two-Sided Vision

(923 Words)

3rd Person POV

"You're crazy.", Jay said.

"No no no. Listen to me. If Niki and Soobin heard someone enter the room, but didn't hear them leave, the only logical explanation is that they're still in this room, or more likely, this building."

Everyone looked around the room. The idea didn't sound that unreasonable. Taehyun was looking around and stopped at the wall opposite where Jake and Soobin were standing.

As he moved closer to it, he leaned in as if he was trying to hear something.

"What is he doing?", Yeonjun asked.

"No idea.", said Jay.

He dragged a hand along the wall and tapped it. It felt hollow.

"Weird."

"Find anything?", Sunghoon asked.

"Just a weird sound."

Hueningkai POV

A few hours have gone by and I decided to take a nap.

Sunoo had already fallen asleep next to me. We both woke up at the same time, hungry again.

We shared the rest of the dried fruit and some water. Sunoo was crawling around the room, playing with random pieces of equipment. I kept an eye on him of course, making sure he didn't hurt himself.

When he tapped a drum however, it made a loud noise.

I moved back in fear when the door opened.

The man walked up to Sunoo and yanked him by his collar.

"Didn't I say keep quiet?! If anyone heard you in here I'd be done."

Sunoo was squirming in his hold, trying to get loose. The man held him in the air, smiling as he watched the poor boy thrash around.

"You two are here for a reason. People like you need to be taught a lesson. Maybe the more time you spend down here, the more you'll be able to act like adults."

He threw Sunoo down on the floor, causing the poor baby to yelp.

I quickly went to grab him.

The man caught me by the hand before I had the chance and looked me in the eye.

"Make him shut up. If I hear one more noise from him, I will make him quiet permanently. Understand?"

"Yes sir..."

He let me go and left the room. I picked up Sunoo and held him closely. He was quietly sobbing into my shoulder. He didn't deserve this. Sunoo is such a sweet person, and his little self could never understand why someone wanted to hurt him.

I cuddled him for an unknown amount of time after that. We sat together and I told him stories about my members.

He stared up at me with those beautiful eyes, making me smile. Who could ever want to bring harm to such a cutie pie?

Jake POV

Everyone turned around when there was a loud bang.

Sunghoon, who was standing near the glass with Beomgyu, jumped in fear. The sound seemed to have come from behind him. Behind...the mirror.

We all stood in a line, facing the mirror. Yeonjun took the first step, walking up to it. He put his hands on the glass.

He stared at it before turning to us.

"Sunghoon might be right."

"What do you mean?", I asked.

"We watch enough cop shows at the house to know that this is a two-sided mirror."

"Two-sided mirror?", Heeseung said.

"Yeah. If you put a hand to the glass and it looks like it's touching the other side, it's a two sided mirror. This means that something is on the other side, and whoever it is can see us over here."

Everyone stood there stunned. Sunghoon walked up to the glass and put an ear, listening.

"If they're over there we need to get them out.", I said.

"Call the police.", Sunghoon said, still pressed against the glass, "I might be wrong but I think I just heard a scream."

Jay decided to call, leaving us wondering what to do. I made eye contact with Yeonjun and we both nodded.

"Everyone leave."

"What?", they all said.

"Leave. Yeonjun and I are going to open this glass. We don't want anyone to get hurt. If someone is back there and they see us, they could try to hurt us."

Heeseung didn't want to agree. He told me not to do it but after a few minutes I convinced him. The others made him leave the room with them.

I looked around. There was nothing we could use to smash the glass. Yeonjun didn't see anything either.

"This might hurt. But I'm going to run through it.", I said.

"Jake no, you're going to hurt yourself."

"Not as bad as they might be hurt. Back up."

"Jake-"

"Please."

Yeonjun reluctantly backed up.

I moved back a little and prepared ro run.

I looked at Yeonjun and then turned back. I ran forward as fast as possible and...

Heeseung POV

We were all startled by the sound of breaking glass.

I immediately ran back towards the room, avoiding the people trying to pull me back. Sunghoon ran with me.

We opened the door to the practice room and were met with Yeonjun coming out of a hole in the wall, where the mirror used to be.

"Guys stay back!"

"Where is Jake?", I asked.

"He broke the glass. There's a hallway! He went down it."

Sunghoon pushed me to the side and ran into the room. He pushed past Yeonjun who tried to stop him.

Yeonjun ended up following, making me stand there.

Jay came in to tell me the police were almost here.

"Where are they?", he asked.

"In the wall..."