chapter 32: "so you're a traitor"

Start from the beginning

The girl just sighs.

the door opens and Kai comes in, folowed by the scary man, who goes to stand by the girl. Kai has some water and an apple, which he puts by the matress. i dont touch them, not trusting him afte the lemonade.

I stare at him "so you're a traitor"

he flinches "gramma-"

"satan would never want me locked up like this" i hiss " so who are you working for?"

"enough" the girl's voice is sharp as a pencil just been sharpened

I ignore her and lean in closer "so was it all a scam then? becoming my friend, geting me to trust you. we never had frendship, you were just spying? " i spit out my words like venom

the girl clearly doesnt like to be ignored, because her tone even pointier now as she say "kai, leave"

Silently, Kai walks back to the door, slipping out. I stare after him, fury in my veins. so he was lying to me too? just like everyone else?

of course he was

I stand, angry and more alert now. "I want to go home"

"Ive already told you" says the girl sounding bored "you'renot going home right now"

"i cant answer youre questions, so cant you just let me go?" im desperate

She laughs "oh thats not the reason you're here, darling"

before i can ask her what she means, theres a faint, familiar ringing. ringa donga ring ring. the girl drops something to the floor, and kicks it over to me. "anser it" she says. then she gives the scary man a look.

slowly, i pick up my phone. it's Brok.

"answer it" repeat the girl. when i look up this time, the scary man is holding gun, pointed right at me

oh shhit

hands shaking slightly, i pick up the phone and press accept call.

"Grammarly?"

i swallow, my throat dry "hey"

"where are you?" he sounds worried

out of the corner of my eye, i see the gun. heart beeting fast, i say "im fine"

the girl taps the ground with her foot, and i look at her. "you're with your dad" she says quietly, in a pointed tone.

i nod slightly at her. got the message thanks, psycho!. "im with my dad, brok"

"oh ok" he says, sounding releaved "its just that nobody seemed to know where you were"

"ye sorry" i say "it was a family emergency thing"

"is everything ok?" he asks. i notice the girl raise her eyebrows, clerly saying wrap it up

"ye its all fine" i tell him quickly "listen brok i have to go. but ill see you soon ok?"

"ok" he says "ill let youre mom know so she doesnt worry"

clearly the girl heard, because she waves her hand in the direction of the gun, a dangeros look on her face.

"wait brok" i say, avoiding looking at the gun "can you just tell her i stayed with jasmine? my mom and dad can be kind of weird about each other, and id rather avoid the drama"

i can practically hear brok's frown "ok" he says reluctantly "ill cover for you"

"thanks brok" i say. my hearts still beating fast like its a kitchen aid whisk. the girl's still holding her gun.

"you're sure you're ok?"

"im fine" i tell him. if only i could give him some kind of code, but i dont know what i can say. i dont know where i am, and i dont know what the girl would be able to see through. so instead i just say "bye brok" quietly and hang up.

The girl gives me an expectant look and i glare at her and slide my phone back to her. the scary man puts his gun in his pocket, then with his hevy shoe, stamps down on my phone with grate strenght like he thor or something. my phone cracks into several peices, broken beyond repair. like my heart after satans broke my heart

i almost cry out, but iknow it wont score me any points. instead i sit, silent and panicking. will anyone be able to find me? am i even in the town, or am i out of town? i dont know how much time i have been gon. im such an idiot that i didnt even check the time on my phone- but it cant be too late if brok called me, right?

the scary man kicks the pieces of my phone into the corner of the room.

"theyll know to look for me eventualy, i tell the girl

She ignores me, pulling out her own phone. its small and black - a simple burner, obviosly - and she starta texting on it. unsure of what to do i just watch her, unmoving, in case she desides to get the scary man to threten me. after a moment her phone starts buzing, and wordles she hands it to the scary man. he give her a firm nod, hands her his gun, and takes the phone outside the room with him.

fear creeps along my skin like ants, and i shiver, trying to be as small as posible. as unoticeble as posible. and as not-worthy of-being-shot as posible. the girl just keeps sitting there, watchin me, a slight smile on her face

after a few minites, the lightbulb flickers, and it suddenly became brighter. it iliminates the room for a moment - which is bigger than i thought it was -, and i squint from the brightnes of the light. but thats when i see it, something i couldnt see before; a scar climbing up the side of the girls neck like a big vine.

a burn scar.

a sudden hit of relasion strikes me like lightning. i stare, confused, not understanding how or why shes here. and why im here, why im involved at all. But there is one thing I know however. i cant shake it, she has to be-

"Jackie" i whisper.

The lighbulb flickers again, then goes out completely, plunging the room into darkness.

************

so like-

yeah-

NEXT CHAOTER oUT VERY SOOn and by that imean in ten minutes bye

please remember to vote if you like it because i put lots of time into this thank you i pour my soul to try and imporove my writing and tell satan and grammarly's story <3

i apreciate everyone who reads what i write thank you 

BYE

The Bad Boy.. Loves Me? [𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐃]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara