"What do you mean in my case?"

"We can't send you to the afterlife yet because your soul is troubled." Aurora said.

"You see, when a person dies, the soul comes here to be judged and sent to the afterlife, but we will be unable to do that if the soul is troubled because they will never be at peace." Helios explained.

"Your soul is troubled because of the way you died, right." Selene asked in a gentle voice.

"Yes" I replied. "I am not at peace with what my own mate did to me. He and that woman named Maria made me suffer before my death. They tortured me and dumped me in a forest for the rogues. They also killed my wolf. Where is she anyways, has Verna crossed over yet?"

"Of course I haven't crossed over yet you dummy! Do you think that I am at peace with what Max and that bitch did to us?" I whipped my head around at the familiar voice and came face to face with a brown wolf that I would recognize anywhere.

"Verna?"

"Yeah, that's me. Now stop crying and come over here and give me a hug." I immediately ran over to her and hugged her big wolf head, crying into her fur as she purred in satisfaction.

The sound of someone clearing their throat caught our attention. We broke away from each other and turned to face the deities in front of us.

"Now that your reunion is over, we want to ask you what will help you be at peace so that the both of you can be sent to the afterlife." Helios asked.

Verna and I turn to each other and share a look. "We want to make them suffer for all the pain that they put us through." Anger lacing my voice as I spoke.

"If all you need is justice for your death then I can assure you that they will both be severely punished for their actions when they die and come here for judgement." Aurora assured us, but I'm afraid that wont be enough.

"No" Verna growled out. "That won't do. We want Max and Maria to suffer and die in our own hands."

"Yes, and we also want to have a chance to say goodbye to our family and friends and to help them find retrieve our remains so that they can give us a proper funeral." I said. "That is the only way that we can rest in peace."

The gods looked at each other before turning back to us. Selene spoke up. "I'm afraid that we can't do that Victoria. Even if I wanted to let you go back to Earth to let you take vengeance, your body is far too damaged to be able to place your soul back inside it. Plus, we could get into real trouble with Hyperion, Theia and Gaia for doing that."

"Please, I'm begging you to let us do this and have some closure. Our souls will be consumed in rage and how can we ever be at peace if that happens?" Verna asks. Selene looks skeptical but Helios and Aurora just look like they've just had the greatest idea ever and share an evil look with each other.

"Well, maybe we can allow the both of your souls to return to Earth for a limited amount of time." Aurora said cheekily.

"What?! No! No we cannot do that. Dad, mom and grandma... I mean, Hyperion, Theia and Gaia would kill us if we let her go." Selene protested.

"But" Helios drawled. "They are not yet aware of this girl's soul coming here for judgement. We can just let their souls return to Earth in the form of spirits for a month so that they can have their revenge on those two bastards, say goodbye to their loved ones and return back here. No one will ever know."

"Yeah, and if anyone does find out, we can just tell them that we had to let her go so that she can be at peace and let her move on to the afterlife. What do you a kid?" Aurora asked turning back to me.

This is way too easy, I'm very suspicious.

"That is actually exactly what I want. But I you dont mind me asking, what made you suddenly change your mind?"

"Let's just say that I may or may not hold a grudge against Alpha Maximus for repeatedly insulting me whenever the summer sun becomes too hot." Helios said in an annoyed tone.

"Yeah, and I really hate that Maria girl. But unfortunately, we can't do anything to them until they die and come here because deities can't interfere with the life of mortals. By sending you back to have your own revenge, we will also be having our own payback. But Selene here likes to stick to the rules our parents gave us." Aurora said giving a pointed look towards her sister.

Selene sighed. "I agree that I don't like what Alpha Maximus and Maria have done. They have disobeyed me and have insulted us on more than one occasion, they are also guilty of multiple acts of blasphemy toward us. But by letting you return, we could get ourselves in some serious trouble."

"C'mon Selene. We aren't 1000 years old anymore. Besides, what are our parents and grandma going to do, send us to Hades?" Helios teased her.

"Yeah, its not like we haven't been there before." Aurora backed him up.

"Okay" Selene gave in. "I will let the both of your spirits to return to Earth for a month. And I know that Max isn't supposed to come here for the next thirty years and Maria isn't supposed to come ther for the next nineteen years, but I do not appreciate their unchecked blasphemy, so I won't mind if you can send them here early."

"It will be our pleasure." Verna and I say at the same time. I am already planning how to make the both suffer in my head.

"Now, go back before I change my mind." Selene said raising her hand towards me.Then Very and I are surrounded by white light once again.

On our way back to take vengeance against our tormentors.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////

A/N: So Verna and Victoria have been granted a one month Time limit.

So what do you think is going to happen next?

What will she and Be do during that time?

I just decided to bring Verna back because i like writing about her sassy attitude. Plus, I'm sure some people cried after she was pronounced dead.

Also, do you remember the statement that Joshua made in chapter three? The part where I put the author's note in the middle of the chapter. I was attempting to foreshadow Victoria's death. I hope I did it right.

I hope you like this chapter, even though it is a little, meh 😕

Don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE
Bye✌️