I smiled and put my palm to his cheeks. He sighed and leaned into my touch.

"Because you care. You cared for your family, even if you acted indifferent to him. You cared for your friends, even if you are cold to them."

"And I love you so much." he kissed me on the lips. "The case will continue. I want him to pay for what he did to you." He caressed my hair, softly.

"To us, Jace. What he also did to you."

"Hello?"

[Is Jace okay?] He sounded worried. I pursed my lips as I gazed at Jace, sleeping peacefully in bed. This is the first time I have ever seen him in peace.

"Y-yeah, he's asleep."

[That's good.] I heard him sigh. [I was worried that he would lock himself and wouldn't talk to anyone.]

"I was, too." I sighed. "You knew."

[Pardon?]

"You knew about the truth."

He sighed. [Oo, alam ko ang totoo.]

"B-but why didn't you tell him? He needed to know."

[Jewel.] I shut my lips when he called my name. [Kaya mo ba sabihin kay Jace na ang taong mahalaga at iniidolo niya ay isang halimaw?] I pursed my lips and he already know my answer. [Diba hindi?]

"You have a point."

[Nasaktan din kami, Jewel. I wanted so bad to tell him but seeing him love his grandfather so much made me hesitant. Bahala na kung gaano kasama si lolo, basta ayokong lang malaman ni Jace ang totoo niyang ugali. Na kahit saang tignan he raised Jace and was there for him, while we weren't.]

"K-kung alam niyo lang ang pinaghirapan ni Jace." I stated, coldly. My hand turn into fists. I had to walk out of the room, so Jace' won't hear it.

[We know what Jace went through-]

"No, you don't know, Jake!" He was silent from the other line. "He needed his parents. He needed a brother. He craved a mother's love and care, a father's advice and protection, and also he needed a childhood and someone to play with him!" I said."He needed those. Kahit gaano siya kagalit sa ginawa niyo ay mahal pa din niya kayo."He's even jealous of you, that his parents were there for you, while he was left alone with his grandfather!"

"I didn't thought of that."

"Now, you know," I said and ended the call.

The case continued. We continued to fight for justice and we won. Damon was sentenced to 20 years in jail for what he did. Sobra kami nasaya sa pangyayari. I hugged Jace when the verdict was announced.

While we left the court, Jace talked to Damon. Hind ko alam kung anong pinag-usapan nila pero curious ako. Lalapit na sana ako, pero pagdating ko kay Jace ay tapos na sila sa pag-uusap. Jace had a triumphant smirk on his face,now I was more curious.

"What did you two talk about?"

"Nothing important, mi amore."He put his arms around my shoulder as we left the courtroom.

"If you say so."

"Oh my gosh, we won!"Sapphire hugged us both. We were all happy that we won the case.

"Thank you for winning the case, Miss Achividez."sabi ni kuya James sa lawyer na nagpanalo sa kaso namin.

"Anything for my client, Mr. Montezalde." She smiled and Kuya James grinned at her. "I better leave, now." She left us and we glanced at Kuya James who had a faint smile on his expression.