022 ▍where is ace?

sand's fear of water

— sand's fear of water

AND JUST like that, three days has passed. no report regarding the strawhatted boy was stated on the newspaper. the coating of the ship was done and was now waiting to sail back to new world. it is nine in the morning and theo is in the kitchen cooking breakfast. it was a little late since everyone also just woke up. the crew plan to leave in an hour and a half. 

and here you are still reading the newspaper since there was really nothing much to do. kurose was chatting with rayleigh, lucaria is with mavis as they update the logbook, and the two musicians were out shopping for everyone. little did you know those three days were enough fot luffy and his crew to interact with the two giants and have a fight with the baroque works and with the president , who's no other than crocodile himself. 

the only thing that was what you could say valuable in the news was about that darn teach. the first impression you got from him was that he's not really someone to trust and you were right. a man who wanted nothing more than power, that's the scariest thing the world could offer, well next to those celestial dragons or they could be equals- whatever. and yet no news of portgas d. ace, where on grandline is that man? 

theo has finished cooking, and the table was set. everyone was eating and chatting, you though it would never end. kurose did notice you were being quiet since the early morning, he didn't want to ask you directly the breakfast table so he waited until everyone finished eating and has left until there were only two of you left. you were looking out on a distance through the window, clearly in  trance as you pick up your cup of coffee (tea, juice, water. . .etc). yes, he basically stared at you, evidently you were always different in his eyes, everything you do is just something he can't take his eyes off, you're scene he'll always awe at. 

because of this, he forgot to ask you. he snapped on his thoughts the moment you stood up from your sit. "wait, captain! " also out of daze you flicked you head to look at him in a confused manner. "yes? something wrong?" he chuckled wryly. "shouldn't i be the one to ask you that?" and this made you even more confused. "you have been really quiet, having one of those what is happening out there daydreams? in short. . . you are overthinking again," he asnwered your unspoken question.

blinking your eyes to collect you thoughts, not that he was wrong anyway. "you could say that. teach was on the newspaper again, just what is he planning to do this time." you sat back down, frowning at your clasped hands. "he was — is— always unpredictable even when i was still on board the moby dick, and i never like how unpredictable he is. where was he this time?"

sighing dismissively, "the paper didn't really stated where he was, it's just he had some companions seen with him," you answered. you watch kurose as he scratched the back of his neck, he sighed as well and stood up, you're eyes following his. "let's not think about this, let's get ready [name], we have to go back to moonlight island." you gave him a smile and stood up as well, "i know." with that you walked away.

You were close with him, real close, like siblings. thatch was one of the most caring guys you knew, that's why you really had the spot for him in your heart, he is precious. how you miss his cooking. don't get yourself wrong, you love theo's cooking but of course you love thatch's food, it's food how can you hate it?

the shock you felt when you recieved the call, telling you that he died. he died in the most unexpected way, and that just made you more angry. then knowing ace will go after that guy just makes your blood boil. oh how you missed him. . . . ace. . . ace needs to be stopped. 

"we're almost there, just a few more hours," informed kurose as he walked into the deck. "is that so, can you ask theo to get me some tea, i think i'm having a headache?"

"sea sick? that's new."

"i think migraine would be the right work, kuro."

"i know i know, i'll go ask him, you stay put." with that he left.

a day has already passed if that wasn't obvious enough. nothing much happened on board, the crew happily played a game of cards from time to time because of how boring it was but it was quite alright. what you didn't know is what was happening in alabasta, we'll you'll surely know in a while.

in the past days, the strawhats had arrived in alabasta. they stayed for a while in the country's port town, nanohana as their captain wanted to get to a restaurant to eat.

speaking of restaurants, there he is in all his sleeping glory. portgas d. ace has his face planted on plate with a fork up in this hand. people around him suspected he's dead-

"aaaah! ! he came back to life! ! !" screamed the people around him as he suddenly woke up from his slumber.

"huh?" was the first word he spoke turning to the lady next to him. "a-are you okay?" she worriedly asked. and did you know what he did? he wiped his face on the poor lady's skirt. if [name] was here, she would've slap him in the face for that behaviour of his.

ace went back to his food, munching he spoke, "wheww. . . maaaaan. damn. . .i feel asleep."

"you feel asleep? ! !"

me coming back as if i didn't update for a year or so, im sorry *cries

anyhow here's an update *proceeds to cry once more