A Vampire's Weakness is their Strength

Start from the beginning

Just as he thought, everything was too simple that it was too impossible.

This room was similar to the other side of the curtain.

Wait, that's not it...

It's the exact replica.

Every single detail was exactly the same except that it was only the three of them present here and that the flames in the lamps burned red than a usual fire. Additionally, there was a large human-sized scythe near the seat on the altar.

The large hall was silent and only their footsteps could be heard. The orchestra music and the guests chattering from the other side slowly faded.

Lord Masque walked ahead of them for about 10 meters. They walked without speaking at all. Finally, Lord Masque halted on the altar. Hua Cheng and Xie Lian also stopped.

Then, Lord Masque turned around. Somehow, his aura slightly changed. His upright back was more lax at the moment so as his demeanor. He then abruptly turned around, clapped his hands twice and said playfully, "Alright. Enough with this acting. Haha. I had fun there, huh. So what should we talk about?"

Xie Lian froze entirely. His bad premonition was confirmed by Lord Masque's action just now.

Lord Masque lazily sat on the chair, looking down at them. "What is it, Lord Xie? It looks like you've seen a ghost?"

,

He then quickly added, clearly not waiting for the other to reply. "Oh,wait! Correction, I'm a vampire!"

Xie Lian's fear partially became annoyed by his nonsense. "Quit it. What do you want?"

"What do I want?" Lord Masque repeated but still continued to laughed and did not immediately replied.

Xie Lian grew pissed. He gritted his teeth and attempted to attack straight on. However, Hua Cheng held him back by tightening his grasp on Xie Lian's hand.

Xie Lian looked back and desperately said, "San Lang, let me go!"

Hua Cheng saw the desperation vivid on the other's eyes. He slightly wavered yet he spoke the opposite, "Gege, please calm down. If we become impulsive, then we would continue to be acting as he liked."

Xie Lian was stunned by this, his rationality returned to him. He stood back closely to Hua Cheng as he calmed himself down.

Hua Cheng knew that his Gege needed time to recover thus speaking in his stead. He spoke monotonously, "You. Stop playing around."

Lord Masque was also tired of laughing. He waved his hand and finally blurted out an answer to the previous question. "What I want? You two standing in front me right now is what I want. You idiot. I thought you are smart enough to be careful. I really did not expect you to come at me like this. You're really looking down on me. I'm so hurt."

By this time, Xie Lian had already managed to relax again with the help of Hua Cheng's comfort. He retorted back, "No. I think it's just us you overestimated."

Xie Lian's gaze seem to went through the mask as he could imagine the face behind it looked amused and delighted. He heard the other's response, "Oh??? I think your right."