18. Privacy ♔︎

Zacznij od początku

"He can speak for himself."

"My bad. I'm Keenan," he held his hand out towards Marco. "Keenan King."

"I'm-" Marco stuttered as he accepted the handshake. "I... I'm Marco. Marco Heart. It's so nice to meet you, sir."

Keenan is a lot taller in person than Marco ever imagined. He's never actually met anyone that stands at 6'10 in person. And Marco wanted to say so much more than just his name. He wanted to tell Keenan how much of an inspiration he is when it comes to the sport but decided all of that could wait for another time.

"It's nice to meet you too. You Cameron's friend?"

"Uhm, we're cool," Marco shrugged. They've only spent a small amount of time around each other to be calling Cameron a 'friend' so soon. "Kiara and my sister are friends though. That's how I know them."

"Oh, aight. But it's hot as hell out here, so come on. Let's go inside," Keenan held his arm out for Marco to walk ahead of him and Kiara.

Normally Keenan would question anyone he's never met much more than that when they just show up at his house without him knowing, but he came home for a very specific reason. He had a lot on his mind at the moment to even think about asking Marco any other questions.

"You told this kid not to take no pictures of my house, right?" Keenan whispered so only Kiara would hear him.

"Yes, daddy. And he's a good kid so calm down."

The three of them entered the house and it smelt like warm vanilla and coconut. Marco loved the smell and wanted some of whatever it is Chloe was in the kitchen making.

"Hi mama," Kiara immediately went to the kitchen to greet her mother.

"Hi baby. And hello..." she dragged out the last word as if she were asking who Marco was.

"I'm Marco," he held his hand out.

"It's nice to meet you, Marco. I'm Chloe," she accepted his handshake.

"It's nice to meet you too, ma'am."

Chloe didn't even ask any further questions about who Marco was or why he was in her house. Because truthfully, she didn't care that much. She just put on a pair of oven mitts before asking, "Kiara, baby, can you please open the oven for me?"

"Sure," Kiara did just that and stood back so her mother could take her coconut cake out of the oven and walked it over to set it on the counter to cool.

"Hey Chloe-" Keenan started when he finally walked into the kitchen.

"Keenan," Chloe was so shocked to see her husband after not hearing from him for multiple days that she almost dropped the pan of toto as she walked from the oven over to the island. "Where the hell have you been?"

"I was in Atlanta. For... a business trip," he very obviously lied because Marco was standing right there.

"Right. Yuh muss take mi fi fool," Chloe mumbled under her breath.

Marco definitely noticed the tension between them but didn't comment on it for obvious reasons.

"Where's Cameron?" Kiara asked to quickly change the subject.

"Upstairs," Chloe answered. "He's had an attitude since yesterday when Luna dropped him back off over here. So I'm glad you're taking him. Please take him. He's been disrespectful as hell all fucking day."

"Cameron has an attitude and is being disrespectful?" Kiara raised both of her eyebrows because that didn't sound like him whatsoever.

"Why don't you go upstairs and see for yourself."