•12• Lights

The group settled in the school bus as they were currently in the other world. They were all back to their places and Caser was there at the front. Aiden suddenly perks up." Oh guys, remember Caser killed one of those things?"

He said turning towards Ashlyn and then to Tyler, snickering at his outburst from the other night. Seven heads turned towards the back of the bus to look out the window, seeing the inky figure slouched and unmoving as a black substance runs down the bus' side.

"We should decide on what to do with the phantom." Tyler spoke. They turned their heads back to Caser as he responded. "We usually just leave them." "Good question." Ashlyn said, ignoring the blue eyed brunette. 'this is the first time we've seen one dead let alone killed.'

"maybe we could experiment  with it? See what is most effective in dealing damage to the body." The tanned girl inquired, looking off to the side. Aiden took out his phone.

" Well, since it's dead let's take a closer look." He said and turned on his flashlight. He walked out of the bus as the others followed.

"I wouldn't do that, it makes the phantom look kinda-" Aiden shined the light on the phantom as it starts to bubble and spazz, eyes littered it's body and it looked like it was melting. "-bad." "TURN IT OFF!" "Ok! ok!" The light was turned off and they all looked at the deformed creature as it made a sizzling sound.

"Yeah, that's nasty" Caser mumbled and looked away from it, feeling bile rise in his throat.

                                 ---
"Well, since we're all here, let's talk about Savannah." Tyler glanced at the group. "What about it?" Caser asked as they all sat around the bus. "We can't keep hoping that things will go back to normal on their own!" Tyler shouted, specifically at Ashlyn.

"And we can't risk getting stuck here permanently!" The red head shot back. As the two were arguing, the others just watched from the side lines.

"Um, going back doesn't mean we have to go to the house again, or interacting with the phantom, right?" Taylor said unsurely, she of course didn't want to start up another argument.

"Maybe we can just serch around for someone who might know something? The locals are bound to know something." They all sat in a circle as she explained her thoughts. They had to agree. For the past few weeks, everyone but Caser had been watching  investigations, lore and myths about the town, yet nothing was found.

Looking for information around the town was much better than going into the house itself. That was something Tyler agreed with as well. "If we don't go back to the sorrel house, then I'm not against going to Savannah."

"Ben, how bout you?" They all looked at the male who was holding his phone. I'll go with whatever Aiden decides. "Hm? I don't care either way. Both options seem fun." Caser cringed." Bro how are both options fun, it's either you go or you don't." "They both just seem fun, lol." Caser looked at Tyler who sat next to him.

"Is he always like that?" He whispered. "Yeah." "I don't think this was an accident." Ashlyn spoke up, clearing the silence. "There's a possibility that that lady did this on purpose and we'd run into her again.

There might be others like her. Just like how there's more of us" she, as well as everyone else looked at Caser who in turn out his hands up."So you're still against going!?" Tyler yelled. "No, I'll go." She looked at Caser again.

"How old are you?" She asked as Caser took on an offended look. "How dare you ask a man for his age, but whatever." "..." "I'm seventeen." "So you can drive us." She said unsurely, she wanted to get this over with in the safest and quickest way possible.

'If he's seventeen, he can drive us there and this will hopefully get resolved'

"No"

"WHAT!?"

Words:688
8/12/22

A/n: here's a longer chapter for y'all, enjoy.